rec.sport.unicycling archive · Public discussion

100 mile sponsored muni ride

Started by Redwelly · · Last activity · 3 posts · 579 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling archive
Published
2 April 2004
Last activity
2 April 2004
Original author
Redwelly
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
579
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This weekend I will be attempting to ride 100 miles on my 24 muni to
    help raise money for my gap year trip to Uganda for five months working
    with a charity. Along with a friend on a b*ke to keep me going, we'll
    be riding the canal-side towpath from Bath to Newbury, and back on the
    Sunday. It is forcast to be sunny over the weekend, but as it's been
    raining heavily all week the ground should be nice and squidgy! There
    is mention on the guide to the route, of 'sections on uncultivated
    fields'. Should be interesting. Also, riding for 7 hours a day on a
    standard KH Velo seat should prove.. uh.. interesting. All in all, an
    interesting experience awaits. 🙂

    I'll be able to give an account of just what such an ordeal
    is like next week, assuming there haven't been nevous
    breakdowns or the like.

    Should you be interested, my site for the event is
    redwelly.co.ukredwelly.co.uk

    - Sam

    --
    redwelly - Panhead
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    redwelly's Profile: unicyclist.com4518
    View this thread: unicyclist.com30336

  2. Good luck, that's gonna be some task!

    Do yourself a favour and get 'vaseline creamy'
    (tinyurl.com3248f)

    Glob some on before you go (in privacy!) right up at your
    'leg/torso creases

    It works WONDERS!

    --
    Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

    'Unicycle Product Reviews'
    (brianmackenzie.comunicycleReviews.aspx)

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (brianmackenzie.comLUC)
    version 3.0

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: unicyclist.com706
    View this thread: unicyclist.com30336

  3. Tempting as this Vaseline gunk is, I think I'll give it a
    miss. I've been alright on the chaffing with my cycling
    shorts so far, and I wouldn't like to try slathering dubious
    substances on myself without an adequate trial period -
    anything might happen! I don't have any anyway
    🙂

    - Sam

    --
    redwelly - Panhead
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    redwelly's Profile: unicyclist.com4518
    View this thread: unicyclist.com30336

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.