100 Miles on 1 Wheel in 1 day for City of Hope

unigeezer

Oct 1, 2009
Hi all! One 12/4/14, I set out to ride my 36er Unicycle 100 miles in 1 day. Since a unicycle is a fixed wheel and can't coast, riding 100 miles required more than 56,000 pedal revolutions. The ride was also done to raise money for City of Hope, in honor of my brother Gary. There's a TV interview with ABC 7 Eyewitness news at the end. Total time including breaks, filming (most while riding!) and the interview was 10:55. Average moving speed was 11-12 mph. Total time in saddle was about 9 hours. Hope you enjoy!

0.jpg

Sorry about your brother, but that's a great tribute to him and a wonderful way to serve others in his memory. Congratulations on the accomplishment! I've only ever done one century and that was on two wheels. Doing it on one wheel is pretty killer. Maybe I should find a uni and learn to ride it--I can already juggle!

What you did was really beautiful and inspiring. It must have been quite hard to do that on a unicycle though! I only tried once to use one of those things and failed miserably.