1000 Miles

MSeries

Guest
When I kept my first training log as a teenager I was very proud of
myself when I clocked up 1000 miles in a year. Tonight I shall clock up
my 1000th mile for this month, I am not a teenager anymore but still
quite proud of myself.

MSeries wrote:
> When I kept my first training log as a teenager I was very proud of
> myself when I clocked up 1000 miles in a year. Tonight I shall clock up
> my 1000th mile for this month, I am not a teenager anymore but still
> quite proud of myself.

Blimey, how do you find the time? I managed 200 in March, 30 of which
were on non-weekend days. I don't count short trips into town and to
the gym (about 8-10 miles a week) since the computer isn't attached.

Well done, though.

BTW since large amounts of text are often quoted as "n Libraries of
Congress", and large weights quoted as "n Volkswagen Beetles", perhaps
you should express a big milage like that by saying "I did 44% of a Tour
de France"...

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

"MSeries" <[email protected]>typed

> When I kept my first training log as a teenager I was very proud of
> myself when I clocked up 1000 miles in a year. Tonight I shall clock up
> my 1000th mile for this month, I am not a teenager anymore but still
> quite proud of myself.

Well done! I hanker for the days when I did this most months and
totalled 11,000 miles in a year...

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

Jeremy Collins wrote:

> MSeries wrote:
>> When I kept my first training log as a teenager I was very proud of
>> myself when I clocked up 1000 miles in a year. Tonight I shall clock up
>> my 1000th mile for this month, I am not a teenager anymore but still
>> quite proud of myself.

> Blimey, how do you find the time? I managed 200 in March, 30 of which
> were on non-weekend days. I don't count short trips into town and to
> the gym (about 8-10 miles a week) since the computer isn't attached.
>
> Well done, though.
>
> BTW since large amounts of text are often quoted as "n Libraries of
> Congress", and large weights quoted as "n Volkswagen Beetles", perhaps
> you should express a big milage like that by saying "I did 44% of a Tour
> de France"...

Surely it should be expressed in lengths of Wales, or Belgium?

--
Brian Wakem

Jeremy Collins wrote:
> MSeries wrote:
>
>> When I kept my first training log as a teenager I was very proud of
>> myself when I clocked up 1000 miles in a year. Tonight I shall clock up
>> my 1000th mile for this month, I am not a teenager anymore but still
>> quite proud of myself.

> Blimey, how do you find the time? I managed 200 in March, 30 of which
> were on non-weekend days. I don't count short trips into town and to
> the gym (about 8-10 miles a week) since the computer isn't attached.
>
> Well done, though.
>
> BTW since large amounts of text are often quoted as "n Libraries of
> Congress", and large weights quoted as "n Volkswagen Beetles", perhaps
> you should express a big milage like that by saying "I did 44% of a Tour
> de France"...

All miles are counted except ones on the velodrome, I have computers on
all bikes

Brian Wakem wrote:
> Surely it should be expressed in lengths of Wales, or Belgium?

Or approximately 1.1 times Land's End to John O'Groats.

Or 167,635 London buses.

See:
<url:http://www.simonkelk.co.uk/sizeofwales.html>

d.