105 9 speed groupsets. where are they

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by FREDBLACK, Oct 5, 2006.

1. FREDBLACK

FREDBLACK New Member

Hello

what happened to the 105 9speed gruppos? Can't seem to find any around. can someone direct me to online retailers who still have those?

many thanks

Tags:

2. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

3. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

Cecil Walker should have some

http://www.cecilwalker.com.au/

there are none on their site, but I'm sure they can get some.
    Only an extra $180 for Ultegra

4. Albert 50

Albert 50 New Member

Problem is Oz, everything only costs an extra $180 here, $100 there but this all adds up & keeps you broke. I never envisaged 4 years ago how costly this friken sport can be, I'm thinking no petrol, rego etc, just a bike, water bottle & you’re right to go. Anyway off the soapy, time to put my new shoes together, only cost me $165, should have got some C sole ones, probably only an extra $180:D

5. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

yes, bloody "price creep", I call it, :) but the jump to Ultegra is nowhere near that it is to Dura-Ace. "In % terms"....that's always a great justification to increase the budget :)

from about 1994 to 2000, I went through a stage where I wasn't buying new parts, and only went to bike shops to buy tyres and chains, etc, so my bike shop visits were just in and out. When I got back into upgrading my bikes, the prices that shocked me the most were of bars and stems!! I bought my Cinelli bar and stem combo in 1992 for $110, then I start seeing bars selling for over $250???!!! I couldn't farkin believe it!!