10K Trail Race in Westchester - Sunday

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Apr 21, 2006.

  1. http://leathermansloop.org/

    I'm paid & registered for the event above this Sunday. If you want to
    enter and take my bib/slot, just shoot me an email, I cannot
    participate in the event.

    Just as my left knee is 100% recovered from 4 months of injury, A week
    ago (on the Squash court) I tore my left soleus muscle and am unable to
    run. I'm out another month easily :(

    Tags:

  2. anders

    anders Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Just as my left knee is 100% recovered from 4 months of injury, A week
    > ago (on the Squash court) I tore my left soleus muscle and am unable to
    > run. I'm out another month easily :(

    This must be the saddest (sorriest?) and the most infuriating post I've
    read here! I know this is all perfect hindsight, but where was your
    common sense? Where was your sense of priorities? Everyone over 40
    knows that indoor ball games are for young men only and that this is
    especially true of squash! And if you haven't kept at it throughout the
    years, you may have been a past master, but you're still only a
    (re)beginner - and if you've never played a game before your 35th
    birthday, you're a clueless idiot making up your own sickbed!

    What were you trying to do? Please a girlfriend, impress a business
    partner, out-.macho a fiend or a colleague? I'm not saying that these
    wouldn't be noble causes, but if you really want to be a runner or even
    think of yourself as a runner, you should start behaving like one
    instead of just trying to hang around them! If you want results, you
    have to make *some* sacrifices, it is as simple as that!

    Or were you by any chance only engaged in a game of elevating your
    running results by purporting to be a
    man-of-oh-so-many-multi-faceted-activities-who-just-dabbles-in-running-and-qualifies-for-Bóston-without-any-long-runs-and-genetically-challenged-besides?:)

    And what about your newly-acquired coach? Had he okayed your squash as
    suitable crosstraining? Had you ever mentioned it to him as a part of
    your current training regimen? Either I'd choose another coach,
    preferably someone more knowledgeable of and suitable for master
    runners - or I'd hate to be your coach!

    Anders (who is probably a bit low on testosterone at the moment and
    therefore cranky)

  3. Beach Bounty

    Beach Bounty Guest

    add too think of all the men you broke down and crush to make it to the
    top.
    and not evan one of them would take a free run ticket.
    sorry dude.

    Hay if you get any around north of Detroit. I would of gave you a holler
    :>)

    I take the straw/haywards/turds off the seeds and saw a pun-kin plant
    then when I went back it was gone. we got two killer frost on the way.
    guest can re rake back on baby seeds.
    barn and land all fire safety now.
    time to get second tire for tractor trailer, and re pair old barn so
    wind not blow it down.
    seems to me these subs construction people could keep there places safe
    here..
    look like white trash people.No what I mean........
    4.6 a day.
    and feeling better with weights.
    might go for the N.F.L. official weight lifting program design by that
    gymnasts Russian lady back in 1972. she sure was fine.(The Super Human
    one) book at Library still gone.
    "tell them and it well be gone" what is it. E.T.
    90 pounds starters. all.

    Hay free Ticket. good for you.

    42°N,83°W 90°N,180° 90°lat,

  4. TenKBabe

    TenKBabe Guest

    anders wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > Just as my left knee is 100% recovered from 4 months of injury, A week
    > > ago (on the Squash court) I tore my left soleus muscle and am unable to
    > > run. I'm out another month easily :(

    > This must be the saddest (sorriest?) and the most infuriating post I've
    > read here!

    I don't know. He may now have a shot at winning some hardware in the
    persecuted-42yo-fat-bmi-challenged-blackman w/torn soleus division. But
    that would be cherry picking.

    tkb

  5. steve common

    steve common Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    >Just as my left knee is 100% recovered from 4 months of injury, A week
    >ago (on the Squash court) I tore my left soleus muscle and am unable to
    >run. I'm out another month easily :(

    Is this a troll?

  6. no steve. i'm race rat, race all the time, every chance i get (when i
    can). i am going to miss a premiere new york city race on may 20 with
    craig mottram and some of the best runners in the world. i love racing
    in these types events but unfortunately i'm not going to be able to.
    i'll be back racing again in late june and better than ever. i do not
    center my life around running & shit happens.

  7. anders

    anders Guest

    [email protected] kirjoitti:

    > i'll be back racing again in late june and better than ever. i do not
    > center my life around running & shit happens.

    You are a veritable fortress of optimism, bravado and determination in
    the face of adversity - and I envy you no end!

    But I also cannot help wondering what are you doing here - you may not
    see yourself as a rec.running regular but you are considered as such
    nevertheless - if you do *not* center your life around running:)

    Anders (who feels that what passes for his "life" squeezes his running
    to the edges of his existence despite his best efforts at priorisation)