10S Chorus Spacers - Factory Original?

nbfman

Sep 12, 2005
I saw a 10S Chorus rear cluster at an LBS and was wondering if the spacers were original. They are all black plastic, except for one that is blue anodized aluminum. The aluminum one says something like "6 Spacer 7", which I assume means it should be placed between the 6th and 7th sprockets. Can anyone comment on whether these are the factory originals? Also, anyone know why just one of them is metal?

Thanks in advance.

nbfman said:
I saw a 10S Chorus rear cluster at an LBS and was wondering if the spacers were original. They are all black plastic, except for one that is blue anodized aluminum. The aluminum one says something like "6 Spacer 7", which I assume means it should be placed between the 6th and 7th sprockets. Can anyone comment on whether these are the factory originals? Also, anyone know why just one of them is metal?

Thanks in advance.

Is just the two biggest sprockets 'spidered' together? Centaur(last 2 cogs on a spider) uses plastic as does Veloce, most common colored metal one is in Veloce. Chorus has 6 of the biggest cogs on spiders, Veloce has none. If the Chorus has black plastic spacers including a colored one, NOT as from the factory. Not saying they won't work, but not howthey come.

Peter@vecchios said:
Is just the two biggest sprockets 'spidered' together? Centaur(last 2 cogs on a spider) uses plastic as does Veloce, most common colored metal one is in Veloce. Chorus has 6 of the biggest cogs on spiders, Veloce has none. If the Chorus has black plastic spacers including a colored one, NOT as from the factory. Not saying they won't work, but not howthey come.
It was a 13-26 (probably 13-14-15-16-17-18-20-22-24-26). Assuming the sequence is correct, do you mean that for a factory original Chorus, 17-26 should be a single integrated unit and 13, 14, 15, and 16 are separate sprockets with spacers, which are metal?

Thanks.

Peter@vecchios said:
Also, yes, only the largest two sprockets were integrated together.

nbfman said:
It was a 13-26 (probably 13-14-15-16-17-18-20-22-24-26). Assuming the sequence is correct, do you mean that for a factory original Chorus, 17-26 should be a single integrated unit and 13, 14, 15, and 16 are separate sprockets with spacers, which are metal?

Thanks.

Actually 13-14-15-16-17-18-19-21-23-26 with 17/18, 19/21, 23/26 on sections and grey metal spacers between the sections, then grey metal spacers between the loose, individual cogs. If the cogset is as it came out of the factory. The spacers with the little 'ears' on them along with the colored ones are for Centaur/Veloce 10s cogsets.

nbfman said:
Also, yes, only the largest two sprockets were integrated together.

Then it's Centaur and yes, some spacers with 'ears, and some colored ones. I think the colored spacers are to quickly recognize the cogset range when looking at it, w/o having to count it but I really don't know.

Peter@vecchios said:
Then it's Centaur and yes, some spacers with 'ears, and some colored ones. I think the colored spacers are to quickly recognize the cogset range when looking at it, w/o having to count it but I really don't know.
Thanks for the info. I went back to confirm, and you were right - it was definitely not Chorus (I compared to an unopened box, and the difference was obvious). Centaur sounds right.