10Sp Shimano Cluster on Campag

astrae

Aug 21, 2007
Hi Guys

Will a 10sp Dura Ace or Ultegra cluster (sprokets) work ok on a 2007 Campag chorus groupset?

Are the sprokets any different? Or spacing between them?

I'm looking at getting a a new groupset and currently have 8sp shimano ultegra on a 9sp Shimano Ultegra hub.

What are my best options? Can the freewheel body part of this hub be swapped out with a campag one?

ANy help would be great cheers.

astrae said:
Hi Guys

Will a 10sp Dura Ace or Ultegra cluster (sprokets) work ok on a 2007 Campag chorus groupset?

Are the sprokets any different? Or spacing between them?

I'm looking at getting a a new groupset and currently have 8sp shimano ultegra on a 9sp Shimano Ultegra hub.

What are my best options? Can the freewheel body part of this hub be swapped out with a campag one?

ANy help would be great cheers.
WHEELS MANUFACTURING & AMERICAN CLASSIC make "conversion" cassettes which are designed for the user to mate an otherwise Shimano-compatible wheel with a 10-speed Campagnolo drivetrain. The price varies ... anticipate spending between $70US & $120+US.

I think there may be a third brand, but I can't recall what it is.

The sprocket SPACING is different for a 10-speed Campagnolo & a 10-speed Shimano cassette.

alfeng said:
WHEELS MANUFACTURING & AMERICAN CLASSIC make "conversion" cassettes which are designed for the user to mate an otherwise Shimano-compatible wheel with a 10-speed Campagnolo drivetrain. The price varies ... anticipate spending between $70US & $120+US.

I think there may be a third brand, but I can't recall what it is.

The sprocket SPACING is different for a 10-speed Campagnolo & a 10-speed Shimano cassette.
Thanks Mate. I have seen these put would love to use the campag cassette if I can. I have seen campag freewheel bodies for about $15US second hand and this seems like the easiest fix if it will work.

astrae said:
Thanks Mate. I have seen these put would love to use the campag cassette if I can. I have seen campag freewheel bodies for about $15US second hand and this seems like the easiest fix if it will work.
The respective freehub bodies are not interchangeable ...

BTW. The Campagnolo 10-speed shifters can be used with a 9-speed (or, 8-speed!) Shimano cassette if you don't NEED the 10th gear ...