10sp Ultegra upgrade

franco1

May 17, 2004
I want to upgrade my bike to the new Shimano 10sp Ultegra but my question is that my race bike gets riden very little so the components are still new on it, it shifts well (maybe just the right hand lever could be quieter as it rattles if I take my hands of the bar) all in all I ride it maybe 30 time in a year.

I want to upgrade it to the new 10sp and saw last night that the brake calipres, front & back derailier all looked the same as mine, I've got the 2002 model.

So I am thinking of just replacing the STI levers, chain and cassette?

I've got a Scythe Carbon Crank with 172.5 arms which if I do put the new cranks I'll go 175. And just by the way anyone know the website for Scythe as I would like to see the weight on them.

franco1 said:
I want to upgrade my bike to the new Shimano 10sp Ultegra but my question is that my race bike gets riden very little so the components are still new on it...

???????????

franco1 said:
I want to upgrade my bike to the new Shimano 10sp Ultegra but my question is that my race bike gets riden very little so the components are still new on it, it shifts well (maybe just the right hand lever could be quieter as it rattles if I take my hands of the bar) all in all I ride it maybe 30 time in a year.

I want to upgrade it to the new 10sp and saw last night that the brake calipres, front & back derailier all looked the same as mine, I've got the 2002 model.

So I am thinking of just replacing the STI levers, chain and cassette?

I've got a Scythe Carbon Crank with 172.5 arms which if I do put the new cranks I'll go 175. And just by the way anyone know the website for Scythe as I would like to see the weight on them.

Since money is of no object to you, feel free to send me your old nine speed stuff..........