10spd Cams Campagnolo

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by S Morrison, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. S Morrison

    S Morrison Guest

    Looking to buy the 10spd cam to convert a 9spd campagnolo lever to 10
    spd. Information or offer requested.

    [email protected]

    Thanks,
    Scott

    Tags:

  2. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    I'd recommend that you get a set of 'G' springs. While changing the
    disk, you can renew the springs.

    Your local shop can get the shift disk for you. Few shops stock them.
    The part is ~$35.

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:30:33 -0400, S Morrison <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Looking to buy the 10spd cam to convert a 9spd campagnolo lever to 10
    >spd. Information or offer requested.
    >
    >[email protected]
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Scott

  3. scott-<< Looking to buy the 10spd cam to convert a 9spd campagnolo lever to 10
    spd. Information or offer requested >><BR><BR>

    We have them, $35 for the rear disc, $10 for the front bushing+ shippng.
    Remember you can convert 1999 and later 9s levers only.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  4. Dick Durbin

    Dick Durbin Guest

    S Morrison <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Looking to buy the 10spd cam to convert a 9spd campagnolo lever to 10
    > spd. Information or offer requested.

    The FAQ on Campy's Web site says the following:
    "Can the right 9s Ergopower lever ('99-'02) be modified into a 10s lever?

    "No, because of dimensional differences between the internal mechanisms."

    Dick Durbin
    Tallahassee

  5. ddurbin-<< The FAQ on Campy's Web site says the following:
    "Can the right 9s Ergopower lever ('99-'02) be modified into a 10s lever?

    "No, because of dimensional differences between the internal mechanisms."
    >><BR><BR>

    I guess I should send the receipts of this conversion I have done...probably no
    more than a few DOZEN...They say this because of the said differences of the
    rear ders, another non-iisue and the only 10s cams are newer style. BUT it just
    ain't so. i have done this many times.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  6. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On 16 Apr 2004 12:52:08 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla
    Campagnolo ) wrote:

    >I guess I should send the receipts of this conversion I have done...probably no
    >more than a few DOZEN...They say this because of the said differences of the
    >rear ders, another non-iisue and the only 10s cams are newer style. BUT it just
    >ain't so. i have done this many times.
    >

    >Peter Chisholm

    I find it entertaining that their distributors offer or used to offer
    conversion information and so will their tech support people.

    I'd think that being able to convert shifter to 8, 9 or 10 sp would be
    a selling feature instead of something to try to hide.

  7. Paul-<< I'd think that being able to convert shifter to 8, 9 or 10 sp would be
    a selling feature instead of something to try to hide. >><BR><BR>

    Me too...considering the inability to do same to the 'competitors' levers...

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  8. Dick Durbin

    Dick Durbin Guest

    [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Paul-<< I'd think that being able to convert shifter to 8, 9 or 10 sp would be
    > a selling feature instead of something to try to hide. >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Me too...considering the inability to do same to the 'competitors' levers...

    What it did was convince me that I needed to buy new shifters because,
    according to Campy, you can't update my 9 speed shifters to 10 speed.
    I am more than a little pissed at Campy right now.

  9. ddurbin-<< What it did was convince me that I needed to buy new shifters
    because,
    according to Campy, you can't update my 9 speed shifters to 10 speed.
    I am more than a little pissed at Campy right now. >><BR><BR>

    As it should. There is a lot of poor information on the web, not just from
    Campagnolo, but also from some web sellers that will tell you things about
    Campagnolo that in practice just aren't true.

    Why guys like me and Andy Muzi wander wround the NGs.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  10. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On 17 Apr 2004 19:50:49 -0700, [email protected] (Dick Durbin) wrote:

    >What it did was convince me that I needed to buy new shifters because,
    >according to Campy, you can't update my 9 speed shifters to 10 speed.
    >I am more than a little pissed at Campy right now.

    I'd be interested in buying your outdated shifters.

  11. Dick Durbin

    Dick Durbin Guest

    Paul Kopit <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 17 Apr 2004 19:50:49 -0700, [email protected] (Dick Durbin) wrote:
    >
    > >What it did was convince me that I needed to buy new shifters because,
    > >according to Campy, you can't update my 9 speed shifters to 10 speed.
    > >I am more than a little pissed at Campy right now.

    > I'd be interested in buying your outdated shifters.

    E-mail me at [email protected]

    Dick Durbin