114 Miles in One day on One Wheel!

unigeezer

Oct 1, 2009
Greetings!

This is my 114 mile “mega-century” video. I did this as a "double my age" ride, just filmed 3/10/13.

And what an incredible journey it was! Aside from a massive tire blowout (my friend's fixie), to having to bob & weave cautiously through a maze of bikers, skateboarders, roller bladers, and people constantly trying to cross the path without looking, it was a fantastic adventure of a lifetime that I will never forget!

I had to ride the last 10 miles in the dark--and only had my prescription SUNglasses, which I accidentally stepped on and broke while stretching!

* Watch for my free-mount attempt at mile 85! (I was a bit shocked at what happened!)

Hope you enjoy!

Terry

Sun block? in March? I'm jealous!

That's a fantastic ride. Epic on a bike, more so on one wheel.

Thanks for another great video!

Reactions: unigeezer
Terry,

First, congratulations on an amazing achievement! You've inspired me to do something similar a little later this year; I'm turning 56 next week and I'm going to do a double my age ride in the Outer Banks in May. (Not on a unicycle though.)

Second, I'm jealous about the beautiful ride out there. I know exactly where you were riding, have visited many times on business, and I'd love to do that some day.

Keep up the good work, sir!

Brian in VA

Reactions: unigeezer
That looks amazing!

Now how about trying to top that in 24 hours at the Silverstone 24 hour Cycling Grand Prix?!

Take a look at the website - http://www.thesilverstone24.com/

Rich