12 volt vistalight conversion?????

c-man2316

Nov 23, 2003
Hello I am new here. This is my first posting.

Can I put a 12 volt 20 watt mr11 bulb into a vistalite lamp housing and then run the system off of a 12v battery.

How many amps are the wires, switches and connectors rated at. I believe I will be running just under 2 amps through the system and I want to make sure the vistalite equipment can handle it. Plus, I can get replacement bulbs for only $4.

Originally posted by c-man2316
Hello I am new here. This is my first posting.

Can I put a 12 volt 20 watt mr11 bulb into a vistalite lamp housing and then run the system off of a 12v battery.

How many amps are the wires, switches and connectors rated at. I believe I will be running just under 2 amps through the system and I want to make sure the vistalite equipment can handle it. Plus, I can get replacement bulbs for only $4.

I have the same situation, I own the vistalite nightstick 15 setup. Please let me know if you find out any good info outside of this forum.

You can put 20W 12v bulbs into Vistalite housings, only problem may be overheating and melting the plastic lamp holder as I found out to my cost.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you require more help on this kind of conversion.