"GaryG" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:"nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
"GaryG" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:"nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
>
> "Cate" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
> news:[email hidden]...
> > "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in
news:[email hidden]:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> >
> >> no one wants
> >> to see a 5' 120 pounder either.
> >
> > Begging your pardon, but yes, I do. Everyone is shaped differently;
while
> > 120lbs on your near-5ft frame might look fat to you, 120lbs on
anotherQuoted message said:Quoted message said:5ft
> > frame might look fabulous.
>
> I think to be 120 at 5' you'd either have alot of body fat or be
> muscle-bound. either way - ick.Your perceptions of normal seem highly skewed.
For a 5' tall woman who weighs 120 lbs:
if she were age 30, she would weigh less than 67% of all other 5', 30
yearQuoted message said:Quoted message said:old women.
if she were age 40, she would weigh less than 79% of all other 5', 40
yearQuoted message said:Quoted message said:old women.
if she were age 50, she would weigh less than 85% of all other 5', 50
yearQuoted message said:Quoted message said:old women.
>
> >
> > I'm 5'2" and when I was 120 I wore sizes 4 and 6. I have a large
> > bone
> > structure (size 9.5 shoes, size 7 rings). 120 is on the small side
forQuoted message said:Quoted message said:me;
> > I feel more comfortable around 130 or 135.
>
> Not to be mean but...130-135 is heavy for 5'2. And I don't think big
feetQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> make up the weight (wow - by the way!). I don't think they've ever
foundQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> a
> skeleton with Fat Bones BTW. Also - my shoe size was up to 9 when I
> was
> fatter maybe it is weight-related for you? I am back to a normal 7/7.5re: "130-135 is heavy for 5'2."
While that might be your perception, and you might prefer to be
thinner,
you
are wrong when speaking of the "average woman".For a 5' 2" tall woman who weighs 132 lbs:
if she were age 30, she would weigh less than 61% of all other 5' 2",
30
year old women.
if she were age 40, she would weigh less than 73% of all other 5' 2",
40
year old women.
if she were age 50, she would weigh less than 79% of all other 5' 2",
50
year old women.So, a 5' 2" 132 lb woman would be considered thin by most
standards...notQuoted message said:Quoted message said:"model thin", but clearly quite a bit thinner than the average.
Note: all numbers based on US height/weight/age averages.
--
GG
http://www.WeightWare.com
Your Weight and Health Diaryaw brother! I really don't think you should go by AVERAGES - especially
in
America where everyone is FAT and getting FATTER - the average standard
is
pretty low -If you wish to base your standards on fashion magazines, that's OK with
me.
I'm just pointing out that the height/weight range that you consider "fat"
is abnormal by most standards.\
it's NOT abnormal - americans are FAT and I won't lower my own standard
because of that. just because LESS people are fit that doesn't mean it is
abnormal
Quoted message said:
FWIW, those weights are also all well within the "Normal" weight range for
height, per the World Health Organization, and the US Centers for Disease
Control.As for your putdown of America - we're not all fat (though many are).
Well - i am shocked whenever I go out by how many people are FAT and not
grossly obese - just overweight in general.
The
Quoted message said:sad news is that the rest of the world is eating as fast as they can to
catch up, and some countries have even surpassed us. For instance,
Australia is now considered "fatter" than the US (at least, for men).
And,
increasing rates of obesity have been reported in Europe, and even in
African countries.
well - i feel like we -America - has a hand in that
Quoted message said:
--
GG
http://www.WeightWare.com
Your Weight and Health Diary