126mm rear wheel?

You two enjoy yourselves. Here's your sound track: http://tinyurl.com/3x3ybw

thejen12 wrote:
> My husband has two 126 mm 7-speed freewheel rear wheels for sale:
> 1. Mavic Open Pro Silver rim, Campy Record hub, 36 14g spokes, tied
> and soldered on the drive side, brass nipples, takes Shimano
> freewheel. This wheel was built for strength and durability. The hub
> was overhauled four years ago, and the wheel was built 1.5 years ago
> and ridden for less than one year. $100 plus shipping.
> 2. Mavic Open 4 CD rim, Phil Wood hub, 32 14/15g spokes, aluminum
> nipples. Includes a 7-speed Dura Ace 12-28 freewheel. This wheel was
> built lighter for recreational riding. $150 plus shipping.
> Both wheels were handbuilt by master wheelsmith Terry Shaw in Santa
> Clara, CA.
> Drop me an email if you're interested.

Uhh, Dan you should probably write Jen today, before he finds out she's
selling his wheels. . .
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On Jun 9, 12:17 pm, landotter <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 9, 11:49 am, Ozark Bicycle
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Jun 9, 11:39 am, landotter <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Barf. She's more effective than thinking about baseball.

> > Yeah, but it's a hoot thinking of bible-banging Anita Bryant as a
> > dominatrix, ain't it?

> > "Lick my cleats and bark like a domestique." ;-)

> You two enjoy yourselves. Here's your sound track:http://tinyurl.com/3x3ybw

Why not just let ol' Pat enjoy a session with Mistress Anita?

"I like to watch, Eve." - Chance Gardner

On Jun 9, 10:21 am, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> > futrino <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> hi, I have an older (1990)cannondale criterium, it has 126 MM spacing
> >> for the rear wheel(6speed freewheel shimano). the bike shop has a
> >> 130mm, but they don't want to sell it to me. I am having trouble
> >> finding one.
> >> Can I make the 130 work with aluminum frame?
> >> or does someone have an inexpensive source for 126,
> >> the current wheel has a hop and several rounded spole nipples,

> thejen12 wrote:
> > My husband has two 126 mm 7-speed freewheel rear wheels for sale:
> > 1. Mavic Open Pro Silver rim, Campy Record hub, 36 14g spokes, tied
> > and soldered on the drive side, brass nipples, takes Shimano
> > freewheel. This wheel was built for strength and durability. The hub
> > was overhauled four years ago, and the wheel was built 1.5 years ago
> > and ridden for less than one year. $100 plus shipping.
> > 2. Mavic Open 4 CD rim, Phil Wood hub, 32 14/15g spokes, aluminum
> > nipples. Includes a 7-speed Dura Ace 12-28 freewheel. This wheel was
> > built lighter for recreational riding. $150 plus shipping.
> > Both wheels were handbuilt by master wheelsmith Terry Shaw in Santa
> > Clara, CA.
> > Drop me an email if you're interested.

> Uhh, Dan you should probably write Jen today, before he finds out she's
> selling his wheels. . .
> --
> Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971- Hide quoted text -

No problem, he'll be out golfing all weekend. Just kidding! ;-)

A minivan driver on a cell phone "retired" his 7-speed bike late last
year, leaving him with extra wheels and a separated shoulder. We're
just trying to find good homes for the stuff he couldn't transfer over
to his new bike. In fact, he could probably sell the downtube
shifters and rear derailleur if you need them, I'm not sure what brand/
model they are.

Jenn

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Jun 9, 12:17 pm, landotter <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Jun 9, 11:49 am, Ozark Bicycle
> >
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Yeah, but it's a hoot thinking of bible-banging Anita Bryant as a
> > > dominatrix, ain't it?

> > > "Lick my cleats and bark like a domestique." ;-)

> > You two enjoy yourselves. Here's your sound

track:http://tinyurl.com/3x3ybw

> Why not just let ol' Pat enjoy a session with Mistress Anita?
>
> "I like to watch, Eve." - Chance Gardner

Play "Love Hurts".....

On Jun 9, 12:47 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > On Jun 9, 12:17 pm, landotter <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > You two enjoy yourselves. Here's your sound

> track:http://tinyurl.com/3x3ybw
>

> > Why not just let ol' Pat enjoy a session with Mistress Anita?

> > "I like to watch, Eve." - Chance Gardner

> Play "Love Hurts".....

Definitely the Nazareth version. They shall not taint Gram Parsons.

In article
<[email protected]>
,
Ozark Bicycle
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jun 9, 12:17 pm, landotter <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Jun 9, 11:49 am, Ozark Bicycle
> >
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Yeah, but it's a hoot thinking of bible-banging Anita Bryant as a
> > > dominatrix, ain't it?

> > > "Lick my cleats and bark like a domestique." ;-)

> > You two enjoy yourselves. Here's your sound track:http://tinyurl.com/3x3ybw

> Why not just let ol' Pat enjoy a session with Mistress Anita?
>
> "I like to watch, Eve." - Chance Gardner

That is why _Rain_Man_ [1988] is disappointing.

"Now get this, honky, You go tell Rafael that I ain't
taking no jive from no Western Union messenger. You
tell that asshole that if he got something to tell me,
to get his ass down here himself."

--
Michael Press

On Jun 9, 8:52 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>
> ,
> Ozark Bicycle
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Jun 9, 12:17 pm, landotter <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > You two enjoy yourselves. Here's your sound track:http://tinyurl.com/3x3ybw

> > Why not just let ol' Pat enjoy a session with Mistress Anita?

> > "I like to watch, Eve." - Chance Gardner

> That is why _Rain_Man_ [1988] is disappointing.
>
> "Now get this, honky, You go tell Rafael that I ain't
> taking no jive from no Western Union messenger. You
> tell that asshole that if he got something to tell me,
> to get his ass down here himself."

There's nothing like Being There!

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:27:49 -0500, futrino <[email protected]> wrote:

>hi, I have an older (1990)cannondale criterium, it has 126 MM spacing
>for the rear wheel(6speed freewheel shimano). the bike shop has a
>130mm, but they don't want to sell it to me. I am having trouble
>finding one.
>Can I make the 130 work with aluminum frame?

FWIW, I've been riding a 1988 (or so) bonded aluminum Trek 1400,
originally spaced at 126mm, with a 130mm rear for over seven years
now. I know this is only one data point and it's not a C'dale.

BTW, a number of years ago I did the trig to figure out what adding
4mm to the rear spacing did to the parallelism of the rear dropouts.
As I recall the difference was probaly well withing the tolerences a
frame builder would accept. In a responding article Sheldon Brown
backed me up. You can probably google the thread.

--
jeverett3<AT>sbcglobal<DOT>net (John V. Everett)

Quoth John Everett

> FWIW, I've been riding a 1988 (or so) bonded aluminum Trek 1400,
> originally spaced at 126mm, with a 130mm rear for over seven years
> now. I know this is only one data point and it's not a C'dale.
>
> BTW, a number of years ago I did the trig to figure out what adding
> 4mm to the rear spacing did to the parallelism of the rear dropouts.
> As I recall the difference was probaly well withing the tolerences a
> frame builder would accept. In a responding articleSheldon Brown
> backed me up. You can probably google the thread.

1/3 of a degree! See: http://sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing

Sheldon "Trigonometry" Brown
| Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. |
| At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear |
| shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house. |
| --Robert A. Heinlein |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

On Jun 9, 11:39 am, "landotter" wrote:
> On Jun 9, 6:15 am, Ozark Bicycle wrote:
> > Anita Bryant

A bigot who screws people over: <http://www.stpetersburgtimes.com/
2002/04/28/State/Bankruptcy__ill_will_.shtml>.

> Barf. She's more effective than thinking about baseball.

Compact geometry frames are better looking than Ms. Bryant.

On Jun 12, 9:18 pm, Johnny Sunset <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 9, 11:39 am, "landotter" wrote:
>
> > On Jun 9, 6:15 am, Ozark Bicycle wrote:
> > > Anita Bryant

> A bigot who screws people over: <http://www.stpetersburgtimes.com/
> 2002/04/28/State/Bankruptcy__ill_will_.shtml>.

Ol' Anita is a homophobic bible-banger. 'Nuff said.

> > Barf. She's more effective than thinking about baseball.

> Compact geometry frames are better looking than Ms. Bryant.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:38:08 -0500, John Everett
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:27:49 -0500, futrino <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>hi, I have an older (1990)cannondale criterium, it has 126 MM spacing
>>for the rear wheel(6speed freewheel shimano). the bike shop has a
>>130mm, but they don't want to sell it to me. I am having trouble
>>finding one.
>>Can I make the 130 work with aluminum frame?

>FWIW, I've been riding a 1988 (or so) bonded aluminum Trek 1400,
>originally spaced at 126mm, with a 130mm rear for over seven years
>now. I know this is only one data point and it's not a C'dale.
>
>BTW, a number of years ago I did the trig to figure out what adding
>4mm to the rear spacing did to the parallelism of the rear dropouts.
>As I recall the difference was probaly well withing the tolerences a
>frame builder would accept. In a responding article Sheldon Brown
>backed me up. You can probably google the thread.

Are you actually allowed to invoke teh maths in an RBT discussion?

Ron

Sheldon Brown wrote:
> Quoth John Everett
>
>> FWIW, I've been riding a 1988 (or so) bonded aluminum Trek 1400,
>> originally spaced at 126mm, with a 130mm rear for over seven years
>> now. I know this is only one data point and it's not a C'dale.
>>
>> BTW, a number of years ago I did the trig to figure out what adding
>> 4mm to the rear spacing did to the parallelism of the rear dropouts.
>> As I recall the difference was probaly well withing the tolerences a
>> frame builder would accept. In a responding articleSheldon Brown
>> backed me up. You can probably google the thread.

> 1/3 of a degree! See: http://sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing
>
> Sheldon "Trigonometry" Brown
> +----------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. |
> | At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear |
> | shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house. |
> | --Robert A. Heinlein |
> Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts
> Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
> http://harriscyclery.com
> Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
> http://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

it's not the angle, it's the stress necessary to achieve that
displacement. varies a lot.