130 degree by 110mm by 1-1/8" Threadless Stem

Steve Sr.

Guest
Hello,

I am trying to improve a fit issue on my touring bike. The stem
mentioned will do the most towards improving the fit. However, it
seems that these are hard to find.

I know that QBP has (or used to have) a 125 degree model but that
extra 5 degrees lessens the height and extends the reach fairly
significantly which is going in exactly the wrong direction.

Do any of you know if these are still available and from where? I also
wouldn't mind a used one if you have one you would part with.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Sr. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to improve a fit issue on my touring bike. The stem
> mentioned will do the most towards improving the fit. However, it
> seems that these are hard to find.
>
> I know that QBP has (or used to have) a 125 degree model but that
> extra 5 degrees lessens the height and extends the reach fairly
> significantly which is going in exactly the wrong direction.
>
> Do any of you know if these are still available and from where? I also
> wouldn't mind a used one if you have one you would part with.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Steve

I've seen 25.4mm fixed stems with an angle that steep, but not a 26mm
(which is probably what you have). I have an adjustable one on my
Lemond Poprad that angles that high. I've forgotten where I got it
from, it was someplace online. Yeah, it looks dorky, but spares my bad
back.

Smokey

Smokey

Steve Sr. <[email protected]> wrote:
>I am trying to improve a fit issue on my touring bike. The stem
>mentioned will do the most towards improving the fit. However, it
>seems that these are hard to find.
>
>I know that QBP has (or used to have) a 125 degree model but that
>extra 5 degrees lessens the height and extends the reach fairly
>significantly which is going in exactly the wrong direction.
>
>Do any of you know if these are still available and from where? I also
>wouldn't mind a used one if you have one you would part with.

I'm not aware of a fixed stem in that range, but several manufacturers
build adjustable ones that go to 130 (in the case of the Ritchey to
135) degrees, and all take 26.0mm bars.

The manufacturers include:
Dimension (inexpensive, but nice)
Kalloy (inexpensive, but nice)
Oval Concepts (expensive, but lighter)
Ritchey (inexpensive and nice)

If you'd like a little assist in working out how stems of various
lengths and angles affect bar position, I think you'll like:

http://www.habcycles.com/fitting.html

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com