130 mm Raod Stem + Reversed Seat Post

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 23:59:14 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>"Ron Ruff" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>[email protected] wrote:
>>> I can touch the ground with both toes at the same time without
>>> getting off the saddle so I don't think it's that high.

>>It looks high to me. My thigh is closer to horizontal at that position.
>>It also looks like you are a bit in front of the spindle in the picture
>>as well.
>>
>>I'd suggest lowering your seat and moving it back... and probably
>>getting a shorter high-rise stem... although I'd need to see your
>>position to be sure.

>I'll try lowering the seat a bit even though I've been doing a lot
>of hills and I've read somewhere that Lance Armstrong used to
>raise his seat by 2 inches for the mountains.
>
>I've put a picture of his Madone on my web site too :)
>
>I would like to try a 110 mm 17° stem too but the person on ebay
>who sold me the 130 mm stem for $24 doesn't have one shorter than
>120 mm and I would hate to pay 3 times as much for something that
>may not work any better.
>
>So if anybody knows where I can find a good deal please let me know.
>
>>Just curious... are you really riding a Madone SL with running shoes!?

>I wear my New Balance 4E extra-wide tennis shoes for just about
>everything because it's hard to find shoes that don't hurt my feet.
>
>I have a pair of Shimano SPD shoes too but have only worn them
>a couple of times. I also have a pair of Specialized gloves but still
>have no cycling shorts :)

I'm gonna call you on this. This is a troll. I liked the bit about Lance raising
his saddle 2 inches. That picture of you on the bike is just painful. You could
use that photo for extortion, Trek dealers of America will give you money to not
ride their brand name like that.

Ron

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 04:19:28 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:
>>On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 23:59:14 GMT, [email protected] wrote:
>>
>>> read somewhere that Lance Armstrong used to
>>>raise his seat by 2 inches for the mountains.

>>No way is that true.

>I guess it's bad info from ForensicNYC
>http://www.celebheights.com/s/Lance-Armstrong-3905.html

And it is abject BS. Nobody who actually rides could possibly believe that.

On the off chance you are not working this thread for trollish delight. Quit
fussin with your bike. Put the parts that belong back on, put the seat back
where it belongs and go ride the thing like it was meant or sell it and buy this
thing: http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bik/183866333.html

Ron

"Ron Ruff" <[email protected]> wrote:
>I'd suggest lowering your seat and moving it back... and probably
>getting a shorter high-rise stem... although I'd need to see your
>position to be sure.

I've placed an order for a 110mm 17° stem and should get it
in a few days. It will be nice having 3 stems to play with but
I don't think using a 110mm stem with the saddle lowered and
moved back an inch or two will make a lot of difference for me.