130 mph on a mountain bike

bdbafh

Guest
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/bike-hits-1307-.html

"33 year old Austrian Markus Stoeckl has smashed the World Speed
Record for series mountain bikes. Stoeckl, nicknamed "Hercules"
because of his 6'4", 220 lbs. frame, broke the 8 year old record by 14
mph on a 2000 meter, 45 degree run in the Chilean Alps. Because of the
extreme cold, Hercules had to hold his breath for the 40 second
duration so his helmet didn't fog up."

bdbafh wrote:
> http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/bike-hits-1307-.html
>
> "33 year old Austrian Markus Stoeckl has smashed the World Speed
> Record for series mountain bikes. Stoeckl, nicknamed "Hercules"
> because of his 6'4", 220 lbs. frame, broke the 8 year old record by 14
> mph on a 2000 meter, 45 degree run in the Chilean Alps. Because of the
> extreme cold, Hercules had to hold his breath for the 40 second
> duration so his helmet didn't fog up."

He wore a helmet?!? What a wuss! LOL

On Sep 29, 5:34 pm, bdbafh <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/bike-hits-1307-.html
>
> "33 year old Austrian Markus Stoeckl has smashed the World Speed
> Record for series mountain bikes. Stoeckl, nicknamed "Hercules"
> because of his 6'4", 220 lbs. frame, broke the 8 year old record by 14
> mph on a 2000 meter, 45 degree run in the Chilean Alps. Because of the
> extreme cold, Hercules had to hold his breath for the 40 second
> duration so his helmet didn't fog up."

Did Hannibal cross the Chliean Alps at any point?
Why is the guy on the bike dressed like the emperors honor guard in
Star Wars?

bdbafh wrote:
> http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/bike-hits-1307-.html
>
> "33 year old Austrian Markus Stoeckl has smashed the World Speed
> Record for series mountain bikes. Stoeckl, nicknamed "Hercules"
> because of his 6'4", 220 lbs. frame, broke the 8 year old record by 14
> mph on a 2000 meter, 45 degree run in the Chilean Alps.

Chilean Alps?

--

David L. Johnson

I believe that the motion picture is destined to revolutionize our
educational system and that in a few years it will supplant largely,
if not entirely, the use of textbooks
-- Thomas Edison, 1922

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/bike-hits-1307-.html
>
> "33 year old Austrian Markus Stoeckl has smashed the World Speed
> Record for series mountain bikes. Stoeckl, nicknamed "Hercules"
> because of his 6'4", 220 lbs. frame, broke the 8 year old record by 14
> mph on a 2000 meter, 45 degree run in the Chilean Alps. Because of the
> extreme cold, Hercules had to hold his breath for the 40 second
> duration so his helmet didn't fog up."

Somebody beat Baka to it? Wow...

"bdbafh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/bike-hits-1307-.html
>
> "33 year old Austrian Markus Stoeckl has smashed the World Speed
> Record for series mountain bikes. Stoeckl, nicknamed "Hercules"
> because of his 6'4", 220 lbs. frame, broke the 8 year old record by 14
> mph on a 2000 meter, 45 degree run in the Chilean Alps. Because of the
> extreme cold, Hercules had to hold his breath for the 40 second
> duration so his helmet didn't fog up."

http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents/News/Archives/000066.html
Should be a good demonstration why not to do this.

- Skip

RBrickston wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>> http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/bike-hits-1307-.html
>>
>> "33 year old Austrian Markus Stoeckl has smashed the World Speed
>> Record for series mountain bikes. Stoeckl, nicknamed "Hercules"
>> because of his 6'4", 220 lbs. frame, broke the 8 year old record by 14
>> mph on a 2000 meter, 45 degree run in the Chilean Alps. Because of the
>> extreme cold, Hercules had to hold his breath for the 40 second
>> duration so his helmet didn't fog up."

> Somebody beat Baka to it? Wow...

Please, everyone knows that Bill Baka has ridden much faster than 130.
He's just too modest to say so...

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)