130 to 126mm spacing

Kbh

Guest
I have an old RX-100 7 spd rear hub that is 130mm spaced. However, there is a spacer on the non
drive side that appears to be 4mm, which when removed, would produce 126mm spacing. Is that was this
spacer is intended for? Can it safely be removed?

Thanks,

Kyle

In article <[email protected]>, KBH <[email protected]> wrote:
>I have an old RX-100 7 spd rear hub that is 130mm spaced. However, there is a spacer on the non
>drive side that appears to be 4mm, which when removed, would produce 126mm spacing. Is that was
>this spacer is intended for? Can it safely be removed?

Yes you can remove it, but you will need to re-dish the wheel and the dish will be more extreme
after that spacer is removed, the wheel won't be as strong. If I were installing that wheel in a
steel frame I would certainly re-space the frame rather than modify the axle spacing.

--Paul

KBH-<< I have an old RX-100 7 spd rear hub that is 130mm spaced. However, there is a spacer on the
non drive side that appears to be 4mm, which when removed, would produce 126mm spacing. Is that was
this spacer is intended for? Can it safely be removed No

Yes

Just center the axle in the hub-all should work fine-measure the hub and build the wheel..