130lbs Roberto made it past cobbles just fine. (Mayo is done)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Champ, Jul 6, 2004.

  1. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    Hey

    The race for third is Tyler and Roberto.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

    Tags:

  2. On 07/06/2004 11:07 AM, in article
    [email protected], "Ronde Champ"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hey
    >
    > The race for third is Tyler and Roberto.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

    Heras may not have crashed, but he was caught back behind
    the split with Mayo ...

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks
    at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net bellum pax est libertas

  3. leif_ericson

    leif_ericson New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2003
    >Heras may not have crashed, but he was caught back behind
    >the split with Mayo ...

    He ended up in the first chase group, which was quite ahead of the other groups that ended finishing 4+minutes behind.

  4. Gooserider

    Gooserider Guest

    "Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey
    >
    > The race for third is Tyler and Roberto.

    Actually, the race for third is Jan and Roberto. Tyler's
    gonna be second.

  5. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >> The race for third is Tyler and Roberto.
    >
    >Actually, the race for third is Jan and Roberto. Tyler's
    >gonna be second.

    Sez who ?!

  6. Gooserider

    Gooserider Guest

    "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >> The race for third is Tyler and Roberto.
    > >
    > >Actually, the race for third is Jan and Roberto. Tyler's
    > >gonna be second.
    >
    > Sez who ?!

    Elvis

  7. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hey
    > >
    > > The race for third is Tyler and Roberto.
    >
    > Actually, the race for third is Jan and Roberto. Tyler's
    > gonna be second.

    What evidence at all (and I mean I will allow anything you
    can come up with) can you specify that makes you think Tyler
    can beat Jan in the Tour? Armstrong is trending backwards
    (indications of slowing slightly) and Jan is showing
    evidence of maturity (finally) while in the final years of
    his prime (and about the same age as Tyler).

    If you are just being a homer, then say so.

  8. Gooserider

    Gooserider Guest

    > "Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hey
    > > >
    > > > The race for third is Tyler and Roberto.
    > >
    > > Actually, the race for third is Jan and Roberto. Tyler's
    > > gonna be
    second.

    > What evidence at all (and I mean I will allow anything you
    > can come up
    with)
    > can you specify that makes you think Tyler can beat Jan in
    > the Tour?

    Pure mental toughness. I think Jan has lost too much weight
    too fast, while Tyler is at a weight which is comfortable
    for his body. Tyler's a hoss.

  9. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    Steve Wingate <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > The race for third is Tyler and Roberto.
    >
    > I'm gonna go out on a limb (okay, way out) and say:
    >
    > 1. Armstrong
    > 2. Hamilton
    > 3. Ullrich

    Candy-ass! You cannot make predictions now that stage 3 and
    4 are complete.

    Where were you last week?

    -Ken

  10. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hey
    > > >
    > > > The race for third is Tyler and Roberto.
    > >
    > > Actually, the race for third is Jan and Roberto. Tyler's
    > > gonna be second.
    >
    > What evidence at all (and I mean I will allow anything you
    > can come up with) can you specify that makes you think
    > Tyler can beat Jan in the Tour? Armstrong is trending
    > backwards (indications of slowing slightly) and Jan is
    > showing evidence of maturity (finally) while in the final
    > years of his prime (and about the same age as Tyler).
    >
    > If you are just being a homer, then say so.

    I think that Tyler is using his head and Jan is using his
    legs. The race for second place (barring some mishap) will
    be between Jan and Tyler and I think that this is going to
    be the excitment from the race this year.

    I'm sure glad that I've already reserved my 12 hour Tour DVD
    from World Cycling Videos.

  11. Roland2k

    Roland2k Guest

    "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hey
    > > >
    > > > The race for third is Tyler and Roberto.
    > >
    > > Actually, the race for third is Jan and Roberto. Tyler's
    > > gonna be second.
    >
    > What evidence at all (and I mean I will allow anything you
    > can come up with) can you specify that makes you think
    > Tyler can beat Jan in the Tour? Armstrong is trending
    > backwards (indications of slowing slightly) and Jan is
    > showing evidence of maturity (finally) while in the final
    > years of his prime (and about the same age as Tyler).
    >
    > If you are just being a homer, then say so.

    I don't know if I'm a homer or not, but I like Hamilton's
    underdog status. He doesn't seem to be getting nearly the
    amount of press of LA and JU. As for his ability, I think
    he will beat Ullrich in the MTT and finish close to him in
    the ITT. That should be enough as he already has 20
    seconds on him.

    As for Lance, he will crack on one of the Pyrenean
    mountaintop finishes. I guarantee the USPS camp is none too
    happy that Phonak finished second in the TTT today. Deep
    down Lance "knows" that Hamilton can smoke him in the
    mountains.

    And that's how Hamilton will win!

    Note: My happy little world obviously ignores Hamilton's
    penchant for crashing.

    Roland