14% ice cream mix?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jlove98905, Mar 30, 2004.

  1. Jlove98905

    Jlove98905 Guest

    Can anyone tell me if industrial "14% ice cream mix"
    contains sugar? My search results were unhelpful, as the
    commercial products don't tend to list ingredients.

    Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below
    average. -Steven Wright

    Tags:

  2. "JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone tell me if industrial "14% ice cream mix"
    > contains sugar? My
    search
    > results were unhelpful, as the commercial products don't
    > tend to list ingredients.
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Jen

    Going into the depths of the memory banks here...it's been
    over a decade since I worked in an ice cream parlor. If
    memory serves me correctly ice cream mix is ready to go, all
    the essentials including sugar are in there and the
    percentage denotes the amount of butterfat.

    Jessica

    > Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

  3. Jlove98905

    Jlove98905 Guest

    >If memory serves me correctly ice cream mix is ready to go,
    >all the >essentials including sugar are in there

    Hmm....interesting. I managed to get something of a recipe
    for my indian pudding ice cream, but it's commercial and it
    says to mix the pudding stock (which has a ton of molasses
    and other sugar) with 14% mix. It seems like it would be
    really sweet with the sugar already in there.