15 Bean Soup

A little birdie told me that [email protected] (Gal Called
J.J.) said:

>There's a "JJ" of some kind in just about every group, or so it
>seems, and often more than one. I may just start using my real name
>in RFC to ease the confusion. My original paranoia sprang from hanging
>out in a flame group many years ago, but I don't **** people off
>that much now... ;-)

I've already forgotten your real name, but I recall that it was pretty. :)

I'm a lot less ornery than I was in '97, when I first burst onto the RFC
scene. I do make the occasional exception, but I'm basically a nice girl
these days (better drugs).

My paranoia isn't even my own. When I first started posting to newsgroups,
I used my full, real name. Crash freaked. So I went back to the name I
used on our local BBS. 12 years now! Wow!

Carol (the name my parents bestowed upon me)
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon

Gal Called J.J. wrote:

> There's a "JJ" of some kind in just about every group, or
> so it
> seems, and often more than one. I may just start using my
> real name
> in RFC to ease the confusion. My original paranoia sprang
> from hanging
> out in a flame group many years ago, but I don't ****
> people off
> that much now... ;-)

You mean that JJ is not your real name...either? I'm so
shocked ;-)

I don't/won't post here much so I won't contribute to the
confusion, at least no more than I already have that is. I
breeze through here for a look around on occasion and only
stopped by this time to say hello to an earlier
acquaintance...that being Carol.

Take care all.

--
JJ.

A little birdie told me that "JJ" <[email protected]> said:

>I don't/won't post here much so I won't contribute to the
>confusion, at least no more than I already have that is. I
>breeze through here for a look around on occasion and only
>stopped by this time to say hello to an earlier
>acquaintance...that being Carol.

He's a real sweetheart, isn't he?

Carol
--

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> He's a real sweetheart, isn't he?
>
> Carol

I'm blushing.

You know, you're allowed to send me an e-mail to say hello
on occasion...

How's Crash doing? Taking good care of you I hope.

Oh, so I don't get harangued for posting off topic; I'm
cooking a meatloaf while I'm typing this. My ultimate
comfort food.

--
JJ.

A little birdie told me that "JJ" <[email protected]> said:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>
>> He's a real sweetheart, isn't he?
>>
>> Carol

>I'm blushing.

You're so cute when you blush. *GRIN*

>You know, you're allowed to send me an e-mail to say hello
>on occasion...

Ah, yes. If I only had your e-mail address (I lost a ton of e-mails while
back). Wanna drop me a line, and I'll write back to you?

>How's Crash doing? Taking good care of you I hope.

Yeah, I'm going through some horrible times, and he just stands right by my
side. He is a treasure.

>Oh, so I don't get harangued for posting off topic; I'm
>cooking a meatloaf while I'm typing this. My ultimate
>comfort food.

Mine, too. Unfortunately, I am compelled to chop the meatloaf up and stir
it together with gravy, mashed potatoes, and corn. Not terribly low-carb.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

Carol
--

One time on Usenet, [email protected] said:
> A little birdie told me that "JJ" <[email protected]> said:
>
> >I don't/won't post here much so I won't contribute to the
> >confusion,

Please don't concern yourself about that -- having a non-gender
specific nick has only made many (not just RFC) folks assume I'm
a guy. Nothing wrong with men (I even married one), I just don't
happen to be one. So I was going to change anyway.

> >at least no more than I already have that is. I
> >breeze through here for a look around on occasion and only
> >stopped by this time to say hello to an earlier
> >acquaintance...that being Carol.

> He's a real sweetheart, isn't he?

Yes, he does the name "J.J." proud... :)

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:17:14 -0400, George wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
>

> > Check the sodium content on whatever you buy. I know you have a problem
> > with salt sensitivity and some of those "bases" are heavily laden with it.
> >
> > Jill
> >

> Yes, most of those "bases" should be labeled "chicken flavored salt" or
> "beef flavored salt".

Beef/chicken flavor? I though it was just fancy colored salt!

:)

One time on Usenet, [email protected] said:
> A little birdie told me that [email protected] (Gal Called
> J.J.) said:
>
> >There's a "JJ" of some kind in just about every group, or so it
> >seems, and often more than one. I may just start using my real name
> >in RFC to ease the confusion. My original paranoia sprang from hanging
> >out in a flame group many years ago, but I don't **** people off
> >that much now... ;-)

> I've already forgotten your real name, but I recall that it was pretty. :)

Aren't you sweet!

> I'm a lot less ornery than I was in '97, when I first burst onto the RFC
> scene. I do make the occasional exception, but I'm basically a nice girl
> these days (better drugs).

I've been reading RFC since about '98 or so, IIRC -- I've always thought
you were one of the nice ones.

> My paranoia isn't even my own. When I first started posting to newsgroups,
> I used my full, real name. Crash freaked. So I went back to the name I
> used on our local BBS. 12 years now! Wow!

Oh, talk about coincidence -- when I first starting doing Usenet in
'96, I also used my full real name and my husband also freaked. Small
world!

> Carol (the name my parents bestowed upon me)

And a lovely name it is... :)