-15`f, 90mph wind, snowing, 1' per minute!

BHOFM

Aug 8, 2010
Ok, it was in the mid 50's, light wind, slight over cast, and I had a great
ride, 39 miles, just under three hours.

How are you all doing?

Slim, we know about you!/img/vbsmilies/smilies/hissyfit.gif

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

Well you got me beat on the wind and temps but the snow has all but closed down riding for me. The trails are to deep to ride on, And the shoulders are almost non existent and two many snowmobiles to be safe following their trails. I will wait for the lakes to get safe and then ride them. They should be safe in a week or two.

At least I can ski. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Oh Yeah the storm you got is supposed to hit us tonight. Here is the warning from the national weather service for my county:

* SNOW DEVELOPING THIS EVENING... BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES LATE TONIGHT INTO SUNDAY.
* TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 8 TO 14 INCHES POSSIBLE BY SUNDAY EVENING.
* GUSTY NORTH WINDS TO 40 MPH WILL CREATE REDUCED VISIBILITIES IN FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW ON SUNDAY... AND NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

I commute six miles to work every day and it occasionally gets cold here in Central Florida. Yes, that's right COLD!

I left the house this past Sunday morning and it was 31 degrees in South Daytona. It made it all the way up to 34 for my Tuesday commute. OK, so the cold front is gone and it will be in the mid 70's today. I can at least enjoy a day off in great weather.

Another cold front coming on Monday with an expected "Hard Freeze" for two days. Sigh . . .

Adiós, Daddo --- Daytona Beach, Florida - USA "Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen." ("What we cannot speak of we must pass over in silence.")

We've had 11 inches of additional snowfall since last night and it's still coming down. Our high temp tomorrow is supposed to be 0F and the wind chill temps in the [COLOR= #ff0000]OMG [/COLOR]range! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

We've had 11 inches of additional snowfall since last night and it's still coming down. Our high temp tomorrow is supposed to be 0F and the wind chill temps in the [COLOR= #ff0000]OMG [/COLOR]range! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

That shouldn't stop you from training /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

Originally Posted by ambal .

Quote: Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

That shouldn't stop you from training /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

LOL....MY training tonight will consist of looking out the window at all that snow, drinking a few beers and making some cashew chicken. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Reactions: SierraSlim
Nice pic MMM. Not quite as much here. I got home last night from a trip to Columbus to find that my SIL had come over to check up on the animals and gotten stuck in my driveway. We got about 6", but some drifts were knee-deep. It was 14F at lunchtime today.

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hey, Y'all.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Brad -- mid 50's, light wind, slight over cast? I'd love to have that regularly. In fact, we did have almost that exact condition yesterday, and I loved our ride. (And yes, I'm still ranting about the rain, lol.)[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]MMMHills -- GORGEOUS picture. Reminds me of South Dakota and Flagstaff. Of course, these days taking a picture of it when it's like that is about all I do want to do in it, lol. In Sioux Falls one winter I stood at the window during a blizzard, and watched the Ford Pinto across the street totally disappear beneath snow within a couple of hours. Pretty, yes. Fun? Not so much any more.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Daddo, I didn't know it even got down to the 30s in Florida! I'll cancel my plans to retire there, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Paramount, do I remember wind chills from Sioux Falls! I remember wind chills into the minus 70F range. Brrrrrr! My training those days is loading logs into the fireplace, stirring marshmallows into cocoa and rum, and checking on the chili while the cookies bake. Just perfect, lol. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]BlazingPedals, your SIL getting stuck reminded me of an ice storm in Missouri we had. I was on my way home late one night along a rutted dirt road (we lived out in the country). I skidded on the ice when I had to brake for a deer, and the car ended up sliding sideways -- and then stopping. No matter what I tried, I couldn't make it move. Got out -- and the tire ruts were so deep on the road that I was HIGH-CENTERED on the middle, with all 4 wheels just spinning above the bottom of the ruts. That's fun at midnight with the closest farm-house half a mile away across a field of deep snow -- and when I finally staggered into his yard, totally exhausted from pushing my way througth 2-3 feet of snow to get to him, the farmer greeted me with a shotgun poking out through the screen. I did what any strong, confident woman would do and just burst into sobs, lol, trying to explain through the tears that I just needed to use his phone.... whereupon he ordered me to go back to my car and said that he would come help. Longest night of my life. And I'm just glad I didn't end up being a lampshade or skin coat for the crazy old coot. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Ahhhh, memories. Thanks for the fun, y'all![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]