165, 160 or 155mm cranks wanted

> triple, isis splined preferred, but not neccessarily

Ditto for me, std square-taper please!

I have a set of 155mm Redline double BMX(?) cranks, and they work just fine for me except as soon as
I take a weekend trip outta town I'm going to need that small chain ring which I hadda leave off.
Been thinking about having a machinist drill and tap it. It has the bosses with lots of meat, could
be drilled with no problem. Prolly be cheaper than buying a new set. Anybody done that already?

[email protected] (GeoB) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > triple, isis splined preferred, but not neccessarily
>
> Ditto for me, std square-taper please!
>
> I have a set of 155mm Redline double BMX(?) cranks, and they work just fine for me except as soon
> as I take a weekend trip outta town I'm going to need that small chain ring which I hadda leave
> off. Been thinking about having a machinist drill and tap it. It has the bosses with lots of meat,
> could be drilled with no problem. Prolly be cheaper than buying a new set. Anybody done that
> already?

Hey, guys, check out these folks. Not exactly cheap, but you can get *whatever* you want. I ordered
some shorties for myself and my wife (square taper), and the Thorns are very nice--excellent finish.
Of course, you gotta purchase chain rings and all, but we're happy with them. I'm running 155's, the
wife 150's.

http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm

Scott

> http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm

These are the cheapest sub 165 mm triple cranks that you're going to find. 165 shimanos are the only
splined short crank that I know of. If you think the Thorn crank is costly, the only other short
triple that I know of is the TA Zephyr available from Peter White Cycles.

> These are the cheapest sub 165 mm triple cranks that you're going to find.

I have some Redline BMX cranks, but they are only double. Do you-all know of anyone who has
drilled/tapped in order to add an additional 3rd chain ring? If I did this, what do you suppose the
max run-out should be held to?