174 miles on unicycle in 20 hours

muniaddict

Feb 21, 2007
Here are a few clips from what ended up as a 20 hour, 174 mile ride, which started at 8:30 am on 6/2, & ended at 4:30am, on 6/3/16. I had planned it as a 24 hr/200 mile ride, but the saying, “Ride till you puke” became my reality. It was still the most amazing and rewarding experience I’ve ever had riding a uni!

Big thanks to those who made a donation to the “Make-A-Wish” foundation, a very worthy cause for children afflicted with life-threatening medical conditions.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh, it's too difficult to understand how you did that ride. That is a hazardous ride to your body because just the thought of riding for 20 hours makes me tired already. But in fairness to you, I agree that it is a "ride till you puke" stunt of sorts to test your physical limitations. And not to forget, it is a grueling ride for a worthy cause so you deserve an applause for that, maybe a double applause for the feat.

Reactions: muniaddict
Wow, I don't even think I could go anywhere near that on a regular bicycle. You are great at what you do and I look forward to seeing you do more exceptional things.

The core strength it must have took to balance that thing was insane. I would never even dream of reaching even a meter with a unicycle, much less near two hundred miles of road and pavement. He must have really had a ton of dedication to have gotten through with this challenge, as any mere mortal would have given up during the first leg of the trip. I certainly would have, and I am not one to back out from a challenge that easily.

No problem! How long have you been riding your unicycle?
Started riding at age 11 in 1967. Learned fast but moved on to other things after about a year or so. Picked it up again almost 40 years later, in 2006 at age 50. Since then have logged over 25k miles and ride almost daily. More info here.

Last edited:
Reactions: oportosanto