1980 Trek road bike?

It's a nice looking bike for sure but that is a lot of money to pay for a used bike if it's not intended to be a collectible. I'm thinking $600 was the retail value over 30 years ago. $600 can get you a brand new proper "bike shop" bike. $200-$250 seems like a more appropriate deal.

Does it even fit you properly? If you have never owned a road bike before you should at least visit a bike shop to see what's available and find out your size.

Thats what I thought. Thats why I posted it on this forum so people who know what to look for can check it out. I haven't gone down to see it yet, I wanted to post it on this forum first in order to see if I was wasting my time.

Originally Posted by danfoz .
$600 can get you a brand new proper "bike shop" bike. .........you have never owned a road bike before you should at least visit a bike shop to see what's available and find out your size.
Yeah.... find as many local bike shops as you can (real bike shops not large retail box stores)... and spend some time talking to the guys or gals there.

Originally Posted by Dave Cutter .

Yeah.... find as many local bike shops (real bike shops not large retail box stores)... and spend some time talking to the guys or gals there.
It's sometimes a surprise this isn't the first place checked for a first bike, but however one gets reeled in...