1981 Holdsworth Special?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Sandelands, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Sandelands

    Sandelands Guest

    Does anyone know if a circa 1981 Holdsworth Special frame would have been originally built for
    700c wheels?

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Sandelands wrote:
    > Does anyone know if a circa 1981 Holdsworth Special frame would have been originally built for
    > 700c wheels?

    Yes with ample mudguard clearance with wide tires. You'll need a 610 centerpull or a 730 sidepull.
    Modern racing brakes will be too short.

  3. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    bfd wrote:
    > The Dia Compe 610 *centerpull* is available NEW here:
    > http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/webalog/brakes/15111.html

    Yes I saw that. Ineteresting, as around here there is no shortage of good Swiss Weinmann 610 and
    750 centerpulls on thrift store bikes ( Raleighs, Schwinns, Motbecanes, etc). I wish Grant well
    with that but this design, especially the genuine article, is commonly found in pristine condition
    dirt cheap.

    Here's Holdsworth's 1982 Special, at the bottom of:

    http://www.yellowjersey.org/HW82C.JPG

    And a carefully reburbished 1980 Special at the bottom of:

    http://www.yellowjersey.org/holdsw.html