General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

1982 Boston Marathon Results

Started by help-slip-franklin · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,089 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 April 2006
Last activity
20 April 2006
Original author
help-slip-franklin
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,089
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. A local politician is claiming he finished the '82 race in 2 hours 16
    minutes, where can I find the listed results? I've tried the normal websites
    but they don't go back that far.
    Thanks
    H-S-F

  2. help-slip-franklin said:

    A local politician is claiming he finished the '82 race in 2 hours 16
    minutes, where can I find the listed results? I've tried the normal websites
    but they don't go back that far.
    Thanks
    H-S-F

    Terry Baker or Rick Callison?

    86th Boston Marathon - Monday, April 19, 1982
    One of the most memorable duels in the history of Boston was waged on a
    sun-scorched afternoon in 1982. Wayland resident Alberto Salazar and
    Minnesota dairy farmer [censored] Beardsley fought one another over the
    nine-mile stretch from the Newton hills to the finish. Beardsley did the
    front-running with Salazar tucked in behind, during their record pace.
    With less than one mile remaining, Salazar moved to the front. A sprint
    finish ensued, and Salazar emerged victorious in 2:08:52, with Beardsley
    just two seconds back (2:08:54), marking the first time two runners had
    broken 2:09:00 in the same race. West German Charlotte Teske easily won
    the women's race with a comfortable 2:29:33, to finish nearly seven
    minutes ahead of Canada's Jacqueline Gareau.

    1. Alberto Salazar (23, MA)..............2:08:52
    2. [censored] Beardsley (24, MN)...............2:08:54
    3. John Lodwick (28, TX).................2:12:01
    4. Bill Rodgers (34, MA)..................2:12:38
    5. Kjell-Erik Stahl (35, SWE).............2:12:46
    6. Dennis Rinde (23, CA).................2:15:04
    7. Terry Baker (26, MD)...................2:16:32
    8. Rick Callison (27, OH).................2:16:35
    9. Robert Wallace (30, NE)...............2:17:18
    10. Ben Morturi (26, TX)...................2:17:30

  3. Baker. I just wanted to be sure no one was claiming something they didn't
    do, I have the highest respect for anyone who even finished Boston much less
    had a time like that!
    H-S-F

    "Steve K" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    help-slip-franklin said:

    A local politician is claiming he finished the '82 race in 2 hours 16
    minutes, where can I find the listed results? I've tried the normal


    websites

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    but they don't go back that far.
    Thanks
    H-S-F

    Terry Baker or Rick Callison?

    86th Boston Marathon - Monday, April 19, 1982
    One of the most memorable duels in the history of Boston was waged on a
    sun-scorched afternoon in 1982. Wayland resident Alberto Salazar and
    Minnesota dairy farmer [censored] Beardsley fought one another over the
    nine-mile stretch from the Newton hills to the finish. Beardsley did the
    front-running with Salazar tucked in behind, during their record pace.
    With less than one mile remaining, Salazar moved to the front. A sprint
    finish ensued, and Salazar emerged victorious in 2:08:52, with Beardsley
    just two seconds back (2:08:54), marking the first time two runners had
    broken 2:09:00 in the same race. West German Charlotte Teske easily won
    the women's race with a comfortable 2:29:33, to finish nearly seven
    minutes ahead of Canada's Jacqueline Gareau.

    1. Alberto Salazar (23, MA)..............2:08:52
    2. [censored] Beardsley (24, MN)...............2:08:54
    3. John Lodwick (28, TX).................2:12:01
    4. Bill Rodgers (34, MA)..................2:12:38
    5. Kjell-Erik Stahl (35, SWE).............2:12:46
    6. Dennis Rinde (23, CA).................2:15:04
    7. Terry Baker (26, MD)...................2:16:32
    8. Rick Callison (27, OH).................2:16:35
    9. Robert Wallace (30, NE)...............2:17:18
    10. Ben Morturi (26, TX)...................2:17:30

  4. help-slip-franklin said:

    Baker. I just wanted to be sure no one was claiming something they didn't
    do, I have the highest respect for anyone who even finished Boston much less
    had a time like that!
    H-S-F

    So does that mean he now has your vote? 8^)
    ed

  5. "Ed Prochak" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    help-slip-franklin said:

    Baker. I just wanted to be sure no one was claiming something they


    didn't

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    do, I have the highest respect for anyone who even finished Boston much


    less

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    had a time like that!
    H-S-F

    So does that mean he now has your vote? 8^)

    He's faster than Gore.

    Quoted message said:

    ed

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.