1982 StumpJumper

AllenK4101965

Jul 8, 2011
Hello i was given a Bicycle that I didnt know to much about until i did some research on it. I have found out as far as i think it to be is a 1982 StumpJumper. The serial number on the bottom is T2F00615 but couldnt find much out about is meaning. It also has someones signature on it where it says designed by, looks like it says Tim Neeman but someone said it is a Tim Aicman or something like that but i really have no idea cant understand the handwriting. If anyone has some information to help me with would be gratefully appreciated as well as what the Value of this would be if i decided to sell it. Thank You It is Blue in color and has StumpJumper Specialized on it.

FWIW. I vaguely recall someone buying a bike similar to your Stumpjumper way-back-when ([COLOR= #808080]I'm going to say it was in 1983-or-1984[/COLOR]) ... I think they either paid $330 or $430 ([COLOR= #808080]who can remember?!?[/COLOR]) ... possibly the latter because I thought it was over-priced based on the quality of components which the particular bike seemed to have ...

• I didn't look at the particular bike too closely because I was so unimpressed by my first glance, so it might not have even been a Specialized Stumpjumper ...
  • what I remember, in particular, is that the fork had straight ([COLOR= #808080]BMX-style[/COLOR][COLOR= #000000]) legs -- it was the first time I had seen a fork constructed in that manner.[/COLOR]

Unfortunately, because thousands were made, unless the potential buyer is having a rosebud-moment, I reckon the bike is probably worth less than $100 if it is in fairly good, rideable condition ...

But, maybe it is collectible AND worth a lot more than I think!

Hello and I appreciate your feedback. I have done some further research about my bike and it is definitely either a 1981 or 1982. These 2 years are particular special for this model and brand as they actually were part of the Mountain Bike Industry kick off. Also these are special because the tires are radials which you cant buy any longer. There is 1 of the in the Smithsonian Institute. The major thing now is finding out the exact year this particular one was made and to make sure eveything is original which i ten to believe it is as it was donated to the Frederick Tourism Center to be put on as an Exhibit but they opted out of this as it didnt fit into ther scheme for their set up and that is how i came across owning it. If you still know the person who has theirs might be a good idea to let them know what they may possibly have. Thank you