1982 Tour de France Route Guide

B1k3rchr1s

Oct 1, 2011
I'm trying to track down a detailed route map of the 1982 Tour de France, any suggestions or pointers where I might be able to find this? I have got an outline map but nothing of a scale I can copy the route from or pick out the specific roads,

any help at all will be really appreciated,

thanks
Chris

The person most likely to have that info (outside of someone at ASO) would be Bill McGann. He's the founder of Torelli (they make bikes and sell bike stuff), and he's also a historian of the TdF. He's written at least one book on it, and every issue he writes an article on TdF history. He's also got a website covering bicycle racing history, as well as current news and results: http://www.bikeraceinfo.com/

I would search that site for contact info. If none is there, you can likely contact him via Torelli. I would definitely make Bill McGann the first stop in your search.

That's great thanks. Have already e-mailed the bikeraceinfo site a couple of times but guess they get quite a few requests. Will definitely try to track Bill down, will let you know if if I have success....thanks again,
Chris