1984 Schwinn Traveller

frankperko

Jan 20, 2012
HELP
looking to buy a 1984 Schwinn Traveller, its very clean, out of the box clean, can anyone please give me some info in it?
thanks

its a 12 speed and classic road bike look, you should upgrade the handlebars and stem for modern specifications, wide handlebars are a relatively new improvement, first came into widespread use in the late 80's and 90's, im guessing also new pedals and the rest will the depend on you. Its ok for commuting and for some recreational riding,

They were built sound, they weren't considered the greatest bikes around but they did hold up, which means it would be great to commute or to do recreational riding on...and that's what Schwinn sold them to be was to be recreational bikes.

If you want a cool funky looking ride, you could put [COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]mustache bar on it, then depending on the color of the bike tape the handlebars in brown leather and get a brown leather seat for the blue color frame and black tape black seat for the charcoal colored frame. Soma makes a really nice mustache bar for about $31; see: [/COLOR]http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS375US375&q=mustache+bar&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3574032226309279687&sa=X&ei=HAAeT93PGeKOsQKxwam2Dg&ved=0CDsQ8wIwAw[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]. Do more web searching and you may find it cheaper. Or get a deep drop track bar.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]You could even convert the bike to a fixe and brought into a clone of the modern new fixe's by finding a set of inexpensive aero aluminum fixie wheels in whatever color you want. Then just pull the rear derailleur off and remove the shifters. You could also have a single geared crank installed on the front and eliminate that front derailleur.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]Here's a photo of a 84 traveller converted to a fixie but the rims were not updated to the aero and colored for looks: [/COLOR]http://www.flickr.com/photos/singlespeedbob/3707341585/in/photostream
Anyway just ideas if want to entertainment purposes.​

Ok i have a 1984 schwinn traveler i bought it last summer with out rims i am looking to buy a new set what are the wheel specs 27x?