1989 Campagnolo component groups?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bill Cunningham, May 1, 2003.

  1. I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
    component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

    Thanks in advance Bill Cunningham Atlanta

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, bill cunningham
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
    >component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

    Respacing the rear triangle to 130mm is exactly the right thing to do. On a nice bike like that I
    would be sure to have a good mechanic or frame builder do it.

    Record or Chorus parts would certainly not be out of place on it. Nothing wrong with Centaur either
    if you can't afford one of the more shiny groups.

    --Paul

  3. H. Guy

    H. Guy Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (bill
    cunningham) wrote:

    > I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
    > component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

    C-Record. while not as technically wondrous as the new ergostuff, you can't beat it for beauty.
    (imho, of course. i just like its fluid curves better than the old traditional stuff.)

    hg

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "bill cunningham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
    > component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

    We sold Eisentraut Rainbow Traut frames in that era with Record, Croce d'Aune and the early version
    of Chorus all with Syncro-II. You might also seriously consider a friction lever of the era.
    Campagnolo rims of the era would be a nice touch.

  5. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    In case you haven't found this already, a fun site for Campyphiles

    http://www.campyonly.com/

    "bill cunningham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
    > component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

  6. Mark

    Mark Guest

    "H. Guy" wrote (bill cunningham) wrote:

    > > I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know
    > > what component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?
    >
    > C-Record. while not as technically wondrous as the new ergostuff, you can't beat it for beauty.
    > (imho, of course. i just like its fluid curves better than the old traditional stuff.)
    >
    > hg

    C-Record friction shift levers are some of the prettiest I've ever seen but get a modern
    derailleur...
    --
    mark

  7. Bill-<< I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone
    know what component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

    C-Record/Delta would be great....

  8. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    >I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
    >component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

    C-Record.