1989 Campagnolo component groups?

• Thread starter Bill Cunningham
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Cunningham

I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

Thanks in advance Bill Cunningham Atlanta

In article <[email protected]>, bill cunningham
<[email protected]> wrote:
>I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
>component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

Respacing the rear triangle to 130mm is exactly the right thing to do. On a nice bike like that I
would be sure to have a good mechanic or frame builder do it.

Record or Chorus parts would certainly not be out of place on it. Nothing wrong with Centaur either
if you can't afford one of the more shiny groups.

--Paul

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (bill
cunningham) wrote:

> I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
> component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

C-Record. while not as technically wondrous as the new ergostuff, you can't beat it for beauty.
(imho, of course. i just like its fluid curves better than the old traditional stuff.)

hg

"bill cunningham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
> component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

We sold Eisentraut Rainbow Traut frames in that era with Record, Croce d'Aune and the early version
of Chorus all with Syncro-II. You might also seriously consider a friction lever of the era.
Campagnolo rims of the era would be a nice touch.

--
Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

"H. Guy" wrote (bill cunningham) wrote:
>
> > I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know
> > what component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?
>
> C-Record. while not as technically wondrous as the new ergostuff, you can't beat it for beauty.
> (imho, of course. i just like its fluid curves better than the old traditional stuff.)
>
> hg
>
C-Record friction shift levers are some of the prettiest I've ever seen but get a modern
derailleur...
--
mark

Bill-<< I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone
know what component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

C-Record/Delta would be great....

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>
>
>I have a 1989 vintage Eisentraut bike that I plan to upgrade to campy parts. Does anyone know what
>component groups (7 speed hub, 126mm) would be appropriate for this age bike?

C-Record.
-----------------
Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

Status
Not open for further replies.