1990 Alex Moulton Speed for sale

For those of you who are interested in Moulton bikes, I want to inform
you that I just listed a 1990 Alex Moulton Speed on eBay. It is in
excellent condition; it was very well maintained. It was only ridden
in sunny southern California and has been not been ridden since 1996.
It comes with a brand new set of tubes and tires. It was never in any
crashes or accidents and has a superior after-market powder-coat paint
job. Take a peek at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7163918357

Regards,

Chris

> you that I just listed a 1990 Alex Moulton Speed on

Can you even find replacement rims for those?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:52:36 -0400, Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

>> you that I just listed a 1990 Alex Moulton Speed on

> Can you even find replacement rims for those?

Easily, they're frequently used on tadpole trike 'bents too.

And before you ask, three makers of tyres too. I'm using Schwalbe
Stelvios on my 17"-wheeled Moulton now.

Mike

Mike Causer <[email protected]> writes:

> And before you ask, three makers of tyres too. I'm using Schwalbe
> Stelvios on my 17"-wheeled Moulton now.

How do you like them? I've used the Bridgestones and Continentals
(the Continentals used the original mold pattern, I believe). The
Bridgestones are a bit harder to mount. Replacing a rim was not a
problem.

Joe

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:47:09 +0000, Joe Riel wrote:

>> And before you ask, three makers of tyres too. I'm using Schwalbe
>> Stelvios on my 17"-wheeled Moulton now.

> How do you like them? I've used the Bridgestones and Continentals (the
> Continentals used the original mold pattern, I believe). The Bridgestones
> are a bit harder to mount. Replacing a rim was not a problem.

Mounted using hands only, but so did Wolbers. Contis and Bridgestones
took a touch of levering (I've had this AM for 22 years, and have got
through a lot of tyres).

They haven't been fitted long enough to get an idea about puncture
vulnerability, which has always been a major problem with everything
I've tried previously. However Schwalbes on another bike have been
excellent for that, which is why I was keen to switch the AM7 Moulton
to them.

Mike