1990 Bridgestone MB-3: What were the original tires and saddle?

I have a 1990 or 1991 Bridgestone MB-3. It's a sparkle-y purple.
What were the original saddle and tires? I'd like to replace the
current upgrades, er, downgrades, with as close to original equipment
as possible.

Incidentally, I was the original owner of this bike. I sold it in '93
or '94 and just bought it back. It has a lot of sentimental value,
and it's a great bike.

Also, any idea on the street value of such a bike? It's in excellent
condition.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Johnnie,,, I may have the original saddle in the cellar.. I will look.

Why don't ya put on a new saddle? Years ago I replace the original with a
more anatomical saddle.

PS: I used/use mine as a touring bicycle. Have toured many a mile.

news:[email protected]...

Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:
> Johnnie,,, I may have the original saddle in the cellar.. I will look.
>
> Why don't ya put on a new saddle? Years ago I replace the original with a
> more anatomical saddle.

Can't Cannondale riders read? "I'd like to replace the current
upgrades, er, downgrades, with as close to original equipment as possible."

> PS: I used/use mine as a touring bicycle. Have toured many a mile.

Wow, we're very proud of you. I owned a 1987 MB-1 that was ridden
235,492 miles before it was run over by a train that derailed next to me
when I was riding across the southern flats of India. Miraculously I
escaped with just the left bar end and a scratch on my right nipple.

Greg
--
Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

[email protected] wrote:
> Ha! Classic. Never fails. I post an innocent question, and I re-
> kindle a Usenet firefight. Sorry fellas. Not sure what's going on
> here. Hope I didn't make things worse. Thanks for the info.
>
> I didn't even check, but I bet you guys have, like, 10,000+ Usenet
> posts each, all riddled with nasty hostility.

Hardly. I've never heard of her, she's probably an r.b.m. regular.

Greg

--

On Sep 17, 10:26 am, [email protected] wrote:
> I have a 1990 or 1991 Bridgestone MB-3. It's a sparkle-y purple.
> What were the original saddle and tires? I'd like to replace the
> current upgrades, er, downgrades, with as close to original equipment
> as possible.
>
> Incidentally, I was the original owner of this bike. I sold it in '93
> or '94 and just bought it back. It has a lot of sentimental value,
> and it's a great bike.
>
> Also, any idea on the street value of such a bike? It's in excellent
> condition.
>
> Any information is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Oh No!
He's topposting!

Only a bunch of girls would ***** about something like that.

CowPunk wrote:
> On Sep 17, 10:26 am, [email protected] wrote:
>> I have a 1990 or 1991 Bridgestone MB-3. It's a sparkle-y purple.
>> What were the original saddle and tires? I'd like to replace the
>> current upgrades, er, downgrades, with as close to original equipment
>> as possible.
>>
>> Incidentally, I was the original owner of this bike. I sold it in
>> '93 or '94 and just bought it back. It has a lot of sentimental
>> value, and it's a great bike.
>>
>> Also, any idea on the street value of such a bike? It's in excellent
>> condition.
>>
>> Any information is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

> Oh No!
> He's topposting!

How can the OP (only thing quoted) top-post?!?

> Only a bunch of girls would ***** about something like that.

So did you fail 6th, 7th or 8th grade? And how many times?!?

Bill "what a MAROON" S.

In article <[email protected]>,
CowPunk <[email protected]> writes:
> On Sep 17, 10:26 am, [email protected] wrote:
>> I have a 1990 or 1991 Bridgestone MB-3. It's a sparkle-y purple.
>> What were the original saddle and tires? I'd like to replace the
>> current upgrades, er, downgrades, with as close to original equipment
>> as possible.
>>
>> Incidentally, I was the original owner of this bike. I sold it in '93
>> or '94 and just bought it back. It has a lot of sentimental value,
>> and it's a great bike.
>>
>> Also, any idea on the street value of such a bike? It's in excellent
>> condition.
>>
>> Any information is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

> Oh No!
> He's topposting!
>
> Only a bunch of girls would ***** about something like that.

Y'know?

Yer right.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

CowPunk wrote:
> On Sep 17, 10:26 am, [email protected] wrote:
>> I have a 1990 or 1991 Bridgestone MB-3. It's a sparkle-y purple.
>> What were the original saddle and tires? I'd like to replace the
>> current upgrades, er, downgrades, with as close to original equipment
>> as possible.
>>
>> Incidentally, I was the original owner of this bike. I sold it in '93
>> or '94 and just bought it back. It has a lot of sentimental value,
>> and it's a great bike.
>>
>> Also, any idea on the street value of such a bike? It's in excellent
>> condition.
>>
>> Any information is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

> Oh No!
> He's topposting!
>
> Only a bunch of girls would ***** about something like that.

And? your surprised

Is it the Avocet saddle from an actual MB-3? Would you sell it to
me? If so, what's your price? Please?

- Marr

On Sep 17, 12:23 pm, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Johnnie,,, I may have the original saddle in the cellar.. I will look.
>
> Why don't ya put on a new saddle? Years ago I replace the original with a
> more anatomical saddle.
>
> PS: I used/use mine as a touring bicycle. Have toured many a mile.
>
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > That's it! Avocet! ...and I was pretty sure the tires were Ritchey,
> > but I wasn't sure.

> > I wonder if I can still find an Avocet saddle. I know I can get the
> > Ritchey tires.

> > Thanks!

> > - John

> > On Sep 17, 11:40 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >> I think it had some sort of Avocet saddle and Ritchey Logic tires.

> >> Have you checked here:

> >>http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/index.html

> >> for catalog scans?

Hello Cow Punk ...
===
this finishes my top post.. .. now, you must go to the bottom ..
==============

to bottom ,, down,,, go to bottom .. don't look up .. go to bottom .. down
we go

----------

"CowPunk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sep 17, 10:26 am, [email protected] wrote:
>> I have a 1990 or 1991 Bridgestone MB-3. It's a sparkle-y purple.
>> What were the original saddle and tires? I'd like to replace the
>> current upgrades, er, downgrades, with as close to original equipment
>> as possible.
>>
>> Incidentally, I was the original owner of this bike. I sold it in '93
>> or '94 and just bought it back. It has a lot of sentimental value,
>> and it's a great bike.
>>
>> Also, any idea on the street value of such a bike? It's in excellent
>> condition.
>>
>> Any information is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

> Oh No!
> He's topposting!
>
> Only a bunch of girls would ***** about something like that.

Cow Punk ster..
Yes, only a bunch of girls would complain about something as inane as top
posting.
But you must remember, there are a few [ I won't use names like GT, or
Sornson ]
who are men but want to be girls. They wear women's underwear, lipstick,
makeup,
big bra's, and go out on Saturday night looking for other men to dance with.

As a liberal thinking bicyclist, I dont' care if other bicyclists wear nylon
rather than standex.

In fact, I am happy that our group has such a diverse population of sexually
challenged transexual freaks.

Which brings me to my question:

top post // bottom post ..

Does it really matter?

Of course. HTH

Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:
> Hello Cow Punk ...
> ===
> this finishes my top post.. .. now, you must go to the bottom ..
> ==============
>
> to bottom ,, down,,, go to bottom .. don't look up .. go to bottom
> .. down we go
>
> ----------
>
> "CowPunk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Sep 17, 10:26 am, [email protected] wrote:
>>> I have a 1990 or 1991 Bridgestone MB-3. It's a sparkle-y purple.
>>> What were the original saddle and tires? I'd like to replace the
>>> current upgrades, er, downgrades, with as close to original
>>> equipment as possible.
>>>
>>> Incidentally, I was the original owner of this bike. I sold it in
>>> '93 or '94 and just bought it back. It has a lot of sentimental
>>> value, and it's a great bike.
>>>
>>> Also, any idea on the street value of such a bike? It's in
>>> excellent condition.
>>>
>>> Any information is greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> John

>> Oh No!
>> He's topposting!
>>
>> Only a bunch of girls would ***** about something like that.
>>

> Cow Punk ster..
> Yes, only a bunch of girls would complain about something as inane as
> top posting.
> But you must remember, there are a few [ I won't use names like GT, or
> Sornson ]
> who are men but want to be girls. They wear women's underwear,
> lipstick, makeup,
> big bra's, and go out on Saturday night looking for other men to
> dance with.
> As a liberal thinking bicyclist, I dont' care if other bicyclists
> wear nylon rather than standex.
>
> In fact, I am happy that our group has such a diverse population of
> sexually challenged transexual freaks.
>
> Which brings me to my question:
>
> top post // bottom post ..
>
> Does it really matter?

Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:

> Which brings me to my question:
>
> top post // bottom post ..
>
> Does it really matter?

If you care to communicate effectively, yes. But since you never post
anything worthwhile it doesn't matter.

Greg

--
Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

I will mark you down ...

=====
> Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:
>>

>> Which brings me to my question:
>>
>> top post // bottom post ..
>>
>> Does it really matter?
>>

> If you care to communicate effectively, yes. But since you never post
> anything worthwhile it doesn't matter.
>
> Greg
>
> --
> Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
> http://www.ticketmastersucks.org
>
> Dethink to survive - Mclusky

======

as against top posting.