1990 trek 2500 pro road bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by steveabull, Jun 28, 2004.

1. steveabull

steveabull New Member

does anyone have any experiance with this bike? It has a carbon frame and it is in mint cond. Which trek bike would compare to it as far as quality goes today? It has shimano ultegra 600 parts, and dura ace hubs Also im 6'3" with a 34" inseam it is a 60cm bike do you think it will fit me thanks.

Tags:

2. Cipher

Cipher New Member

I owned one back in 1995. (It came stock with DA components). Mine was a 58cm, I'm 5'11" with a 33½" inseam for what it's worth...

3. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

It may have been a near top of the line bike 14 years ago if everythng is original. Stuff has changed alot in 14 years. buy it for what it's worth to you if it fits. That pants inseam or bicycle inseam??Makes a difference.I'm 6' with a 35+" bicycle inseam.

4. daveornee

daveornee New Member

Mine was 100% DURA ACE 8 speed, inlcuding a DURA ACE Stem with hidden handlebar clamp bolt.
    Very nice bicycle, but will not compare to today's TREK OCLV in ride, weight, or ability to handle wider/taller tires.

Make sure it fits you!
    It sounds like it would be small for you.
    34" inseam usually means that your pubic bone is about 36".... but you need to know.

5. daveornee

daveornee New Member

Whoa!

600 parts and DURA ACE hubs,,,... is it 7 or 8 speed?
    If it is 7 speed, it would likely have the very unique DURA ACE hub that is UG and has a unique freehub body.
    What is the Over Locknut Dimension of th rear drop-outs with no wheel mounted?
    Could you get a serial number and check with TREK to see more of this bicycle's history?

6. steveabull

steveabull New Member

How would the bike compare to the recreational series bikes the 1000 to 1500 bikes

7. oneradtec

oneradtec New Member

The older bike is a better bike. ..especially if it is in excellent condition. Although stuff has changed alot...the older high end stuff is still much better than the low end stuff out there today.