1997 Cannondale R600 with ShimanoRX100 Drivetrain. Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raj

Hello, I'm new to riding. Bought a used bicycle, a 1997 Cannondale R600 with ShimanoRX100
components. Bike is in excellent condition. Paid $480. I know this is after the fact, but is that a
fair price? did i get a good deal? did i get ripped off? Anybody have any comments on the R600?

Also, where does the RX100 family fit in the hierarchy of Shimano products? I checked their website
and couldn't find any mention of the RX100. Don't they macufacture this line anymore? How does
RX100 compare with the 105 family, which is, from what I understand, the best value for money line
out there?

Thanks for yor time. Raj

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>
>
>Hello, I'm new to riding. Bought a used bicycle, a 1997 Cannondale R600 with ShimanoRX100
>components. Bike is in excellent condition. Paid $480. I know this is after the fact, but is that a
>fair price? did i get a good deal? did i get ripped off? Anybody have any comments on the R600?

If in excellent condition, that was a fair price.

>Also, where does the RX100 family fit in the hierarchy of Shimano products? I checked their website
>and couldn't find any mention of the RX100. Don't they macufacture this line anymore? How does
>RX100 compare with the 105 family, which is, from what I understand, the best value for money line
>out there?

RX100 has been discontinued. It slotted in right under shimano 105. Back then 105 was painted. RX100
has not painted, and that was basically the only difference between the two.
-----------------
Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

It's a fair price. Had you waited and kept shopping, you could have likely found a CAAD3 with
Ultegra for that price. Their would be no difference in the way they rode.

On 21 Apr 2003 07:41:48 -0700, [email protected] (Raj) wrote:

>I'm new to riding. Bought a used bicycle, a 1997 Cannondale R600 with ShimanoRX100 components. Bike
>is in excellent condition. Paid $480. I know this is after the fact, but is that a fair price?

Status
Not open for further replies.