1997 trek 5500

Brad Behm

Guest
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows much about the older OCLV bikes. I'm looking at one for sale and
thought I'd see if anyone has opinions on them.

The bike I'm looking at is the team saturn OCLV carbon and I think it's 96 or 97. I'm not even sure
if that's the 5500 or not. It's an 8 speed drivetrain with dura ace cranks, rear derailer, brakes,
hubs, headset(1 inch) and seat post.

If anyone has a good picture of this bike or knows what would be a good price for it I'd
love to know!

Thanks,

Andrew

1 inch headtube rear brake cable guides on top of top tube, with full cable housing (no stops)
older, smaller diameter oclv fork (non airrail) I seem to recall shallower seat tube angles as well

--
--------------------------
Andre Charlebois BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+ webmaster for Triathlon New Brunswick www.TriNB.com "Brad
Behm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows much about the older OCLV bikes. I'm looking at one for sale
> and thought I'd see if anyone has opinions on
them.

> The bike I'm looking at is the team saturn OCLV carbon and I think it's 96 or 97. I'm not even
> sure if that's the 5500 or not. It's an 8 speed drivetrain with dura ace cranks, rear derailer,
> brakes, hubs, headset(1 inch) and seat post.
>
> If anyone has a good picture of this bike or knows what would be a good price for it I'd love
> to know!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

What color, I have a yellow 5500 from around that time, I think they were left over 97's that we got
in 98. I have the only left from the team due to cracking and bb issues, the cracking is at the lug
connection on the down tube, trek repainted the real bad ones as they claim it was flex and the
paint cracked, I have two little cracks now but nothing major. Threaded headtube, under tt cable
guides, had 8spd on it until this past xmas and went with a nine spd. I like mine alot but it is
getting old.

Bob