1998 Campy bottom bracket

Status

John S

Guest
Does anyone know what the spindle length is for a 98 Campy Record BB? Some say it's 106 and others
say 113. Which is it?

John

Paul Kopit

Guest
The spindle for adjustable cup bb is 116. The cartridge that will give the right chainline is a
Campy 111 or Shimano 107.

On 5 Jun 2003 09:29:01 -0700, [email protected] (John S) wrote:

>Does anyone know what the spindle length is for a 98 Campy Record BB? Some say it's 106 and others
>say 113. Which is it?
>
>John

Qui Si Parla Ca

Guest
mcgyver-<< Does anyone know what the spindle length is for a 98 Campy Record BB? Some say it's 106
and others say 113. Which is it?

102mm starting in 1995 and continuing today. Never was 106 or 113mm ever, give a hairy eyeball to
those who are recommending 106 and 113mm...

Qui Si Parla Ca

Guest
Paul-<< The spindle for adjustable cup bb is 116. The cartridge that will give the right chainline
is a Campy 111 or Shimano 107.

Record BB in 1998 is 102mm...

Not 116mm or 111mm or shimano 107mm...

Paul Kopit

Guest
On 06 Jun 2003 12:28:39 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote:

>mcgyver-<< Does anyone know what the spindle length is for a 98 Campy Record BB? Some say it's 106
>and others say 113. Which is it?
>
>102mm starting in 1995 and continuing today. Never was 106 or 113mm ever, give a hairy eyeball to
>those who are recommending 106 and 113mm...

I have to accept at least one hairy eyeball. John told me when he was over the house on Wed. that
the spindle was 106 and I didn't know the year of the crankset. I assumed it was an older crankset
on an adjustable bb and found that 111 Campy was closest on a cartridge bb.

Status
Not open for further replies.