1st 1000 miles in this bicycle life

Robert S. Dean

Guest
I was pleased today to pass the 1000 mile mark according to my bike
computer's
odometer. This has been since the bike was rehab'ed in June by the LBS
after a
10-year hiatus. It's not much for a lot of you, but it's a start.Here's
hoping the next 1000 won't take quite so long (although there is this
winter
thing coming up...)

Rob Dean

Rob,

Just enjoy and take care of your bike it will last for years to come!!!
Does'nt matter what it is..your riding the bike!

Enjoy!!!!

John
"Robert S. Dean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I was pleased today to pass the 1000 mile mark according to my bike
> computer's
> odometer. This has been since the bike was rehab'ed in June by the LBS
> after a
> 10-year hiatus. It's not much for a lot of you, but it's a start.Here's
> hoping the next 1000 won't take quite so long (although there is this
> winter
> thing coming up...)
>
> Rob Dean

Robert S. Dean <[email protected]> wrote:
> I was pleased today to pass the 1000 mile mark according to my bike
> computer's odometer. This has been since the bike was rehab'ed in June by
> the LBS after a 10-year hiatus. It's not much for a lot of you, but it's a
> start.Here's to hoping the next 1000 won't take quite so long (although there
> is this winter thing coming up...)

Congratulations. The miles do add up over time. There is definitely
the feeling of accomplishment when you tick over some milestone for
yourself. I remember hitting 10,000 miles and making a point of
showing it to my cyclist co-worker (suitably congratulatory) and
to my wife ('yes dear').

As to winter, just think of it as an impetus to keep hitting the
bike shop to buy better gloves, jacket, fleece ear band, etc.

--
Dane Buson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"Las cosas claras y el chocolate espeso."