1st or 2nd Generation Cosmic Pros/ 571 Freehub question

Ernie

Guest
I have a set of aluminum Cosmic Pros with a Campy 8 speed freehub
body. From my research I think it's a 571 style hub. I did pull it
off and it does have the face ratchet mech. I take it that the FTS
style body is not compatible. How would can I ID the difference?
What are my options to get a 9/10 speed body (campy or shimano) on
there? What are suitable donor wheels?

thanks for anyhelp.

Ernie

On May 19, 8:19 pm, Ernie <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a set of aluminum Cosmic Pros with a Campy 8 speed freehub
> body.  From my research I think it's a 571 style hub.  I did pull it
> off and it does have the face ratchet mech.  I take it that the FTS
> style body is not compatible.  How would can I  ID the difference?
> What are my options to get a 9/10 speed body (campy or shimano) on
> there?  What are suitable donor wheels?
>
> thanks for anyhelp.
>
> Ernie

That is correct, not compatible. You need a shimano compatible freehub
body with the 'face' type pawls, so as to use some sort of 10s cogset.
Mavic never made a Campagnolo 9s freehub body for this wheel. I think
Mavic made a Campagnolo compatible 9s cogset for this freehub(M9?,
CC9?) but it was almost a decade ago.