1st ride w/new fairing. 25miles at 6F

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Stonich

Tried out my new trike fairing yesterday :-D What a difference, 25miles at 6F (it had warmed to 9F
by the time I got back) without wearing a bunch of extra clothing.

Pix at www.bikesmithdesign.com/2WD_Trike/Fairing.html I think that with another 4 or 5 square feet
of Corroplast I could consider it a Velomobile.

The bubble is a 15 year old SuperZipper "Experimenter kit" with a skirt of 2mm corroplast. The
Zipper has already survived 13 Minnesota winters on a 2 wheeler.
mnhpva.org/MNbikes/pix/MarkWinter.jpg

Rode around town and across a couple of lakes, then found a large, empty skating rink to practice
drag race starts and cornering for Saturday's "World Championship Ice HPV Races".
mnhpva.org/ice/Ice2003.html

I'll be running in the new "studless" class and the technique is so much different. Understeer or
oversteer are determined by how hard you pedal through the turns, and the transition between the two
is nearly instantaneous. In the past, on a purpose built FWD RSS ice racer, I've always been able to
go into the turns full speed and pedal hard all the way though.

Tried out my new trike fairing yesterday :-D What a difference, 25miles at 6F (it had warmed to 9F
by the time I got back) without wearing a bunch of extra clothing.

Pix at www.bikesmithdesign.com/2WD_Trike/Fairing.html I think that with another 4 or 5 square feet
of Corroplast I could consider it a Velomobile.

The bubble is a 15 year old SuperZipper "Experimenter kit" with a skirt of 2mm corroplast. The
Zipper has already survived 13 Minnesota winters on a 2 wheeler.
mnhpva.org/MNbikes/pix/MarkWinter.jpg

Rode around town and across a couple of lakes, then found a large, empty skating rink to practice
drag race starts and cornering for Saturday's "World Championship Ice HPV Races".
mnhpva.org/ice/Ice2003.html

I'll be running in the new "studless" class and the technique is so much different. Understeer or
oversteer are determined by how hard you pedal through the turns, and the transition between the two
is nearly instantaneous. In the past, on a purpose built FWD RSS ice racer, I've always been able to
go into the turns full speed and pedal hard all the way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.