1st ride w/new fairing. 25miles at 6F

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mark Stonich, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Stonich

Mark Stonich Guest

Tried out my new trike fairing yesterday :-D What a difference, 25miles at 6F (it had warmed to 9F
    by the time I got back) without wearing a bunch of extra clothing.

Pix at www.bikesmithdesign.com/2WD_Trike/Fairing.html I think that with another 4 or 5 square feet
    of Corroplast I could consider it a Velomobile.

The bubble is a 15 year old SuperZipper "Experimenter kit" with a skirt of 2mm corroplast. The
    Zipper has already survived 13 Minnesota winters on a 2 wheeler.
    mnhpva.org/MNbikes/pix/MarkWinter.jpg

Rode around town and across a couple of lakes, then found a large, empty skating rink to practice
    drag race starts and cornering for Saturday's "World Championship Ice HPV Races".
    mnhpva.org/ice/Ice2003.html

I'll be running in the new "studless" class and the technique is so much different. Understeer or
    oversteer are determined by how hard you pedal through the turns, and the transition between the two
    is nearly instantaneous. In the past, on a purpose built FWD RSS ice racer, I've always been able to
    go into the turns full speed and pedal hard all the way though.

Tags:

2. Mark Stonich

Mark Stonich Guest

Tried out my new trike fairing yesterday :-D What a difference, 25miles at 6F (it had warmed to 9F
    by the time I got back) without wearing a bunch of extra clothing.

Pix at www.bikesmithdesign.com/2WD_Trike/Fairing.html I think that with another 4 or 5 square feet
    of Corroplast I could consider it a Velomobile.

The bubble is a 15 year old SuperZipper "Experimenter kit" with a skirt of 2mm corroplast. The
    Zipper has already survived 13 Minnesota winters on a 2 wheeler.
    mnhpva.org/MNbikes/pix/MarkWinter.jpg

Rode around town and across a couple of lakes, then found a large, empty skating rink to practice
    drag race starts and cornering for Saturday's "World Championship Ice HPV Races".
    mnhpva.org/ice/Ice2003.html

I'll be running in the new "studless" class and the technique is so much different. Understeer or
    oversteer are determined by how hard you pedal through the turns, and the transition between the two
    is nearly instantaneous. In the past, on a purpose built FWD RSS ice racer, I've always been able to
    go into the turns full speed and pedal hard all the way though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.