rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

2.125, or 2.5 for Street

Started by cyberpunk · · Last activity · 4 posts · 274 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
22 April 2005
Last activity
22 April 2005
Original author
cyberpunk
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
274
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm currently ridding on a 2.125" x 20" tyre, and i'm looking to
    possibly "upgrade" to a 2.5" x 19" trials tyre. But I mostly ride
    street, and I hear some, not alot, of street riders say they prefer the
    thiner tire. Personaly I could only see benifit from a thicker tire
    because it would give you more friction when you hop-twist, you could
    have a lower pressure for higher hops, and your wheel wouldn't fold over
    as often. But still i somtimes hear the montra of a regular 20" tire
    being more fitted for street. I'm I entirly mistaken? and will the wider
    tire be worth my money?

    I'm just starting to grind ledges, ect. and am getting ready to learn
    rails, I can do 180 hop-twist but not 360, and i'm a level five rider
    going by the national unicycle thing. And I currently ride a Torker DX
    which i'm beating the [censored] out of, Need a new seat post and one of my
    impossible to find bearings is shot 🙁 (just incase anyone wanted to
    know my position)

    --
    cyberpunk - lvl Four Unicyclist

    Quick Press ctrl+W
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39786

  2. I have used both 20x2.1 and 20x2.5 for street and i prefer 20x2.1,
    because it's better for quick turns making alot of consecutive spins
    easier, it's lighter, and my hop height has not suffered at all by
    switching to the thinner tire. The downside of the thiner tire is drops
    are a little harder.

    --
    General Dibbles - commadore

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39786

  3. Street is a combination of freestyle and trials, and it depends how much
    of each you incorporate into your riding. the wider tire is useful for
    big hops, and big drops. if you do big drops, you need the bigger wheel
    for strength. if you do big hops, you need the wider tire for bounce.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39786

  4. if you have profiles on a triple wall bmx rim it's going to be just as
    strong if not stronger as a wheel with profiles on a double wall alex dx
    32 rim, and i don't think that the wider tire helps with rolling hops
    since i can rolling hop higher on my 20x2.1 than i could with a 20x2.5,
    the wider tire will make drops easier

    --
    General Dibbles - commadore

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39786

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.