2/4 Pittsburgh-Tribune - Valentine Fudge Brownie Sundae Treat

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Maurice, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Maurice

    Maurice Guest

    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/entertainment/recipeexchange/s_177588.html

    national finalists who will be competing for the grand prize, a $25,000 scholarship. What is unique
    about this recipe is that it is cooked in a microwave oven and is decorated like a mouse. It takes
    less than five minutes to bake, and the mug doubles as a serving dish. You can vote for the recipe
    by visiting

    http://www.pillsburybaking.com/prodPromo/kbc_entries.aspx

    during February.

    * Butter, for greasing
    * 1 package Pillsbury SnackBatch Fudge Brownie Mix (8- by 8-inch size)
    * 1 large egg
    * 1/4 cup vegetable oil
    * 2 tablespoons water
    * 1 pint vanilla ice cream
    * 1 (about 12 ounces) small jar hot fudge topping
    * 8 chocolate-covered thin 2-inch mint wafers
    * 1 (7 ounces) can spray whipped cream
    * 8 chocolate-covered peanuts
    * 4 maraschino cherries, drained

    Lightly grease the inside of 4 (8-ounce) mugs.

    Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions (using the egg, oil and water) and divide
    the batter evenly among the mugs. Microwave all 4 mugs at the same time on high power for 4 to 41/2
    minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the batter. Let cool.

    Place a heaping scoop of ice cream on top of each mug. Heat the hot fudge sauce according to label
    directions and pour over the ice cream until the ice cream is completely covered.

    Stand 2 mint wafers up and place them side by side on top of the ice cream to form "ears." Spray 2
    small circles of whipped cream on each sundae to form eyes and make one larger oval-shaped mound
    going across underneath for a snout. Place a chocolate-covered peanut in the center of each eye and
    a cherry in the center of the snout for the nose.

    Sundae cups can be served immediately, or place in the freezer to enjoy later.

    Makes 4 servings.

    _________

    Please go and vote -- take 10 seconds and help send a kid to college.

    http://www.pillsburybaking.com/prodPromo/kbc_entries.aspx

    Tags:

  2. NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
    On 9 Feb 2004 03:48:11 -0800, [email protected] (Maurice)
    wrote:

    >* 1 package Pillsbury SnackBatch Fudge Brownie Mix (8- by 8-inch size)

    BLECH!

    --
    Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady) <davida @ jdc . org . il> ~*~*~*~*~*~ "What you see before you,
    my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate." --Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29,

  3. Heidi

    Heidi Guest

    Well, you could substitute a homemade brownie recipe. The original recipe sounded like it was meant
    as a family treat. I've never used the Pillsbury SnackBatch Mix, but I have used other packaged
    brownie mixes and liked them.

    Heidi

    news:<[email protected]>...