2.7kg road bike?!

2.97_6.55lbs_Spin08.jpg

Rahmen / Frame: SPIN custom made 642,5 g
Gabel / Fork: THM Scapula SP Tuned custom made 185,9 g
Kurbelsatz / Crankset: THM Clavicula Compact custom made 298,0 g
Lenker / Handlebar: Schmolke-Carbon TLO custom made 111,3 g
Sattel/Stütze / Saddle/Seatpost: Schmolke-Carbon TLO custom made / Speedneedle 75,1 g
Laufräder / Wheels: Lew Pro VT-1 custom Boron 709,6 g
Reifen / Tires: Tufo 200,1 g
Schnellspanner / Quick releases: Tune Skyline 16,3 g
Vorbau / Stem: Nordischer Rahmenbau CfK-stem 53,8 g
Steuersatz / Headset: Integrated 23,4 g
Ahead-Kappe / Ahead-Cap: Carbon 0,2 g
Lenkerband / Bar tape: Foam rubber 5,0 g
Bremshebel / Brake levers: Record modified 86,5 g
Bremsen / Brakes: AX-Lightness Orion SL modified, BTP brake shoes 71,6 g
Schalthebel / Shifters: BTP Carbon 9,0 g
Umwerfer / Front derailleur: Record / BTP 28,5 g
Schaltwerk / Rear derailleur: Huret / BTP / Stefan Schäufle 40,7 g
Kettenblätter / Chainrings: Patrick Gunsch 50 / Fibre-Lyte 36 53,8 g
Kettenblattschrauben / Chainring Bolts: Alu 8,2 g
Kassette / Sprockets: Alu modified, 6sp 11-16 34,7 g
Kassettenspacer / Cassette Spacer: Teflon 3,8 g
Abschlussring / Cassette lockring: Alu modified 3,4 g
Kette / Chain: KMC X-10 SL 214,8 g
Pedale / Pedals: Aerolite Titan modified 54,8 g
Sattelklemmschelle / Seatpost Collar: BTP Carbon 2,9 g
Züge & Hüllen / Cables & housing: Powercordz & pneumatic hose 15,6 g
Tretlagerkabelführung / BB Cable Guide: Record 2,2 g
Verschiedenes / Miscellaneous: Tire glue, air, grease 16,0 g

Hi Steve, here's a snippet from the article ...

Every part on the bike is com­pletely cus­tom made and can­not be bought unless you wanted it made spe­cially for you. Even if you did want it made for you, you would have to con­tact man­u­fac­tur­ers who already make the light­est parts and then ask them to make a cus­tom piece for you that is even lighter. Woznick guessed that if you tried to recre­ate the effort put into this bicy­cle, it would cost you at least $45,000.

Originally Posted by KLabs .

Hi Steve, here's a snippet from the article ...
/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif ops, thanks. $45,000 buys a nice car in most countries.

baker3 said:
Nice machine! although the seat looks mighty painful.

Luckily saddle comfort is dependent on the rider, and not on the saddle's appearance.

Originally Posted by baker3 .

Nice machine! although the seat looks mighty painful.

i'd be sticking my lovely brooks saddle on it , but , i mean, $45k, imagine some halfwit in a motor pulling out in front of you and crashing over the bonnet , i'd cry for weeks ..

I barely coughed up enough money to buy a $1500 bike. 45 large is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a bike, but it sure would be nice to see the look on your friends' faces when you tell them about it!

Flyingblind9 said:
I barely coughed up enough money to buy a $1500 bike. 45 large is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a bike, but it sure would be nice to see the look on your friends' faces when you tell them about it!
You're right. Damn the owner for not thinking exactly like you!

I can just see a bunch of middle aged guys trying to ride this and being unable to reach the drops. :p

I think it'd be fun to have a ride on but you'd probably be faster most of the time on the new aero cervelo road bike. All it'd take it one missed shift on the friction gears and the cheap sachs-huret rear mech, with the wedding tackle quickly becoming friends with the top tube and we'd be handing the bike back and getting something with brifters on. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

But hats off to the guy that had the time, patience and vision to build it.

An 11-16 six speed block - 34x16 would make it push climbing Alpe d'Huez on that bike.

I'd rather ride my 55lb Yuba Mundo (and that doesn't even include the added weight of the bike seats, cargo, and 60lbs of pure munchkin joy.

Elle

www.tinyhelmetsbigbikes.com

Yikes! With that kind of weight, do you put your cassette on the cranks and the chainrings on the rear wheel? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif