2 questions for the lassies

Lab_Rat

May 3, 2002
'ello Girls, <br />Question 1<br /><br />A non-cyclist female friend and I were talking and she wanted to know why us fellas shave our legs. She's of the school of thought that hairy men are real men, and shaven boyz, are well, . . . odd. :eek:<br /><br />So do you like your men naturally hairy, or clean shaven. (Back hair excluded urgh!!)<br /><br />Question 2<br /><br />Now we all know that Gear Grinder and I are pretty fond of girls on their bikes, and I am known to lose focus on my training when confronted by the fairer sex on their trusty steeds. So we're looking for confessions here. Tell us your sordid voyeurism secrets and what you look for in the perfect cyclist boy. (Personalities count too.), or what hacks you off about cyclists. <br /><br /><br /><br />

Good one LR. This will be good.<br /><br />Q3: I also want to know if girls get irritated or feel good when they are surrounded by guys when they are riding?

1. somewhere in the middle I guess - between clean shaven and gorilla :)<br /><br />2. what I look for in a cyclist? big red ass.<br /><br />3. if I can keep up, good. if I can't, sad.

<br />1 - clean shaven for sure!<br /><br />2 - I hate a male cyclist who talks big and acts like he is Lance Armstrong himself. (which i find most cyclists do). A loud mouth in the bunch also doesnt do it for me. I like a more serious rider ( not too the extreme though) <br /><br />3- Great... not good, Im afraid if we felt irritated riding with the guys we would have to ride solo mission at the best fo times and im sure I speak for us all when i say that is no fun. I think us girls are definetly lucky infact....with so many gorgeous riders to choose from and spend long hours on the saddle admiring.<br /><br />

[quote author=MtnBikerChk link=board=41;threadid=2593;start=0#22241 date=1036595274]<br />2. what I look for in a cyclist? big red ass.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />

1. Clean shaven, for the most part. Men who shave for athletics is perfectly fine by me.

2. Surely, this can't be a big secret; lean, muscular guys with rock hard thighs...hubba hubba!:D

3. Irritated by the guys? Never! What Dianne said!

Eyes, hair, demeanor. Guy who doesn't have to talk big because his riding speaks for itself, and doesn't even speak too loudly with that just for the sake of "hearing" himself. Guys who don't have to compensate for other inadequacies by having the Slickest Gear.
Just my opinion of course!
Shave, shmave, whatever. It's what's inside...

guys on bikes....

actually.. I like to look at guys running rather than riding... more area to peruse... ; P ... their not all hunched over. LOL

I don't care about the hair , on or off... and a great smile and twinkly flirty eyes will often negate any physical disconnects.

Freshly hot and sweaty guys turn my crank. Oh... and guys with great legs.

I shaved (with an eletric one - it leaves about 3mm of hair, razors leave stubble) my legs specifically so ithey are cooler when riding and the bees and wasps etc cant cling to me. My mother is allergic to wasp stings and I dont fancy finding out I am too in the middle of nowhere lol. Although, I dont like the feel of my legs rubbing against each other when in bed, why do girls shave?? Dont you find this uncomfortable? Or doesnt your hair grow as fast as mens do?

Q 1: Definitely I like the shaved look. The definition on the muscular legs is much much better. And, other than winning the race or better[ing] our times, we do this to look and feel good. Personally, it doesn't have anything to do with virility, it's more along the lines of aesthetics. Also, if you can't bike fast, at least you can look good. LOL

Q2: That question falls along the lines of what do you look for in a guy, period. The usual... mutual respect, financially secure LOL, physically attractive [beholder type stuff], etc etc.

Q2: What do I look for in a male "rider"... ? Don't ride so fast, I don't have time to oggle your butt and legs if you ride too fast!

Originally posted by Lab_Rat
'ello Girls, <br />Question 1<br /><br />A non-cyclist female friend and I were talking and she wanted to know why us fellas shave our legs. She's of the school of thought that hairy men are real men, and shaven boyz, are well, . . . odd. :eek:<br /><br />So do you like your men naturally hairy, or clean shaven. (Back hair excluded urgh!!)<br /><br />Question 2<br /><br />Now we all know that Gear Grinder and I are pretty fond of girls on their bikes, and I am known to lose focus on my training when confronted by the fairer sex on their trusty steeds. So we're looking for confessions here. Tell us your sordid voyeurism secrets and what you look for in the perfect cyclist boy. (Personalities count too.), or what hacks you off about cyclists. <br /><br /><br /><br />
>>>

I hesitate to admit this here, but since you sort of asked...
even though I love riding my bike, and since returning to it it has become my number one life interest...I really dont find professional cyclist guys a turn on. Theyre too skinny, and yeah, the hairless legs are a turn off. I'm one of those chicks that loves big, burly, hairy guys. My dad was that way, so that helps. My husband is that way too, one reason I was drawn to him.

Skinny, hairless guys dont do it for me...what is a genuine shame, because thats the kind of guy I'd probably need to be with if I were single, or else how would I have anyone to cycle with?

I hesitate to say this

Originally posted by HellonWheels
>>>

even though I love riding my bike, and since returning to it it has become my number one life interest...I really dont find professional cyclist guys a turn on. Theyre too skinny, and yeah, the hairless legs are a turn off. I'm one of those chicks that loves big, burly, hairy guys. My dad was that way, so that helps. My husband is that way too, one reason I was drawn to him.

Skinny, hairless guys dont do it for me...what is a genuine shame, because thats the kind of guy I'd probably need to be with if I were single, or else how would I have anyone to cycle with?

I hesitate to say this

This is the first time I've seen this forum. - and think it's neat to be able to communicate with other female riders. I'm 48 (49 in October) and live in Grand Haven, MI. I ride mostly with men, but have been searching around for women to ride with, and am slowly finding some. I've been riding my BF's son's road bike -which fits pretty well, and is a BIG improvement over the 25 year old Fugi 10 speed I was riding. I ride 5 or 6 days a week. Ride mostly with the BF, but do group rides when I can. Was a slug last winter, and it's taken me all summer to start to get strong enough to really hang with the group rides. Am riding about 150+
miles/week, and can finally pull comfortably at 19-20 mph. Have found a good spin class for next winter, and am determined to not lose the strength I've gotten this summer. I love to ride. I lost my 15 year old daughter last year, and this is what has really kept me going.

and by the by, I also have to admit that the average build of a male bicycler doesn't do much for me. Shaved smooth legs on a guy don't repulse me, but they certainly don't turn me on.

Shaven for sure!!!!! Which is no wonder considering I was brought up with two cyclist brothers and a dad that did club weekend racing...so a guy with hairy legs is kinda odd to me.

>>>

I hesitate to say this

well - and i *really* hesitate to say this but - to answer your question, here goes... my hubby bikes about 7k a year. (i get maybe 3k meself)
and no - he doesn't shave his legs... NOR is he skinny.... sadly - i seem to have fed him too well over the past decade. LOL! so - see, you can have a big, burly, hairy guy and still go biking with him!

Originally posted by bikingBird
well - and i *really* hesitate to say this but - to answer your question, here goes... my hubby bikes about 7k a year. (i get maybe 3k meself)
and no - he doesn't shave his legs... NOR is he skinny.... sadly - i seem to have fed him too well over the past decade. LOL! so - see, you can have a big, burly, hairy guy and still go biking with him!
>>>

Ooh....I'd LOVE to have a guy like you have! I am super turned on by big, hairy, burly guys, but I also like guys who are cyclists. Problem is, almost all guys who are cyclists are skinny little things! Now, my husband is big, hairy and burly but not interested in cycling :( He used to be a weightlifter and runner years ago but I'm not into that.

You are so so lucky. :)

I get why cyclists shave their legs, and I'm okay with that. In my opinion, leg hair is kind of gross if you're going to be wearing tight lycra shorts anyway! As long as they don't shave their armpits. That's my territory! :p

Okay, I have to fully admit here that one of the reasons I got into watching the TdF this year was because of the nice legs and great butts!

I think cycling guys are hot. Bring one on any day. Just make sure he can check his ego at the door. ;)

I'm so new to cycling I only have 37 miles on my bike. But I witnessed a few cyclocross races this year and I found myself swooning with lust for those men in their bike shorts. Holy cow! Look at those thighs!

I do prefer a hairy man, legs included- but would quickly make an exception for a cyclist! :)

I've concluded that cycling gear is *the* sexiest clothes a man can wear for a sport. Hands down.

Originally posted by Xythen
I've concluded that cycling gear is *the* sexiest clothes a man can wear for a sport. Hands down.

Unless they wear sleeveless jerseys... YUCK! :eek:

>>>

. I'm one of those chicks that loves big, burly, hairy guys. My dad was that way, so that helps. My husband is that way too,

Its good that your dad and hubby are able to speak to you so openly about these things.