2 weeks off

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by CalicoCat, Feb 9, 2010.

1. CalicoCat

CalicoCat Member

Hi all,
    Up until now, I have had the best off-season of my life. I have been doing core work twice a week, sprints twice a week, HIIT one a week, long hilly computrainer rides one a week, on-the-bike strength training twice a week, the works. I got my fitness to exactly where I wanted it, and then a family emergency caused me to have to take 2 full weeks completely off and sedentary. In a few days I will able to get back to my routine. But I don't know if with 2 weeks off I need to ease back into it and build up again, or if I can go ahead with my regularly scheduled workout with risking injury. What would you do?

Tags:

2. aworthycause

aworthycause New Member

Don't stress it'll come back. I had to take 12 weeks of last year and got most of my fitness back over 2 months. With only two weeks off you'll be right back after the first day back.

3. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

My opinion and from experience 2 weeks is no problem.

4. CalicoCat

CalicoCat Member

Well, I'm back at it. Thanks for your encouragement!

My first day back was HIIT - probably not the smartest thing, but my team trains together, and that was what they had planned, so I joined them.

Ugh, that workout hurt! There were some intervals where I faded early, and I could hardly walk when it was over, but I'm glad I did it. In terms of cardio, I felt fine during the workout, but my legs were trashed! However, give me a couple more workouts, and in a few days I think I'll be back on track with my fitness/training.

5. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

Good for you! You may well be stronger in a few days than you were 2 weeks ago. Sometimes a rest period pays dividends.

6. asiff

asiff New Member

ive had 6 months off