20" 406 tires??

[email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Richard Rodgers) wrote in message news:<20040206092247.19387.00001148@mb-
> m26.aol.com>...
> > Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. Was hoping to find something in the
> > 32/406 range. No one suggested Continental tires. Is there something that I should be aware of
> > in selecting a Continental tire? Richard Rodgers [email protected]

Whoops- another option that I've used: the IRC Metro 20 x 1.25". I *like* IRC tires, as long as the
tread isn't too thin. My wife has one on the front of her Tour Easy- so far only one flat in the
past year, including a lot of running over sharp gravel that was dropped for traction.

Jeff

Dan Burkhart wrote:
> Richard When I went looking for a good high pressure 20" tire, I happened on an excellent BMX tire
> called the Maxxis Hookworm.

I second this! These are absolutely awesome tires!!

Derek

[email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Richard Rodgers) wrote in message news:<20040206092247.19387.00001148@mb-
> > m26.aol.com>...
> > > Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. Was hoping to find something in the
> > > 32/406 range. No one suggested Continental tires. Is there something that I should be aware of
> > > in selecting a Continental tire? Richard Rodgers [email protected]
> >

> Whoops- another option that I've used: the IRC Metro 20 x 1.25". I *like* IRC tires, as long as
> the tread isn't too thin. My wife has one on the front of her Tour Easy- so far only one flat in
> the past year, including a lot of running over sharp gravel that was dropped for traction.
>
> Jeff

Anyone have any thoughts on how the narrower Kenda Kwest (1.3) which comes on the Giro would compare
to some of the other tires mentioned? I agree that the Stelvios and the GPs are fast and I have
ridden them on a lot of chip and seal roads without problem. In a little wider tire I am currently
running Schwalbe Marathon Slicks which are tough, tough, tough, but sloooooower than the
aforementioned. Any thoughts on how the Avocet Fasgrip that Tom Sherman is promoting would compare
to the Kendas? As to the Maxxis Hookworms, I have heard they are very slow.

Mike S. St. Louis, MO