20 hole rear track hub???

725seafome

May 11, 2013
I am currently looking to take a rear road wheel and switching the hub to a fixed hub. The problem i am encountering is with finding a 20 hole rear track hub... the lowest i have found yet is a 28. Does anyone even make a 20 hole, if not is there a way to thread a larger hub with more holes?

Please help me AAhhhhhh

Reactions: hullhull10
I don't think that a 20h rear wheel is a particularly good idea for a "track" bike OR for a Single Speed with 700c wheels ...

Having said that ...

FWIW. Presuming that the rear wheel which you propose is for Road use on a Single Speed, I think that you have two options ...

1. use a SURLY FIXXER Freehub adapter [check EXCEL SPORTS in Colorado] which may be applicable with whatever 20h hub you have been using, but maybe not ...
  2. or, to lace a 28h rear hub, accordingly, with 4 holes on each flange NOT being used ...
    • you will probably need two-or-three different spoke lengths, BTW, instead of just one ...

BTW. If you go ToysRUs, or a similar store, you may be able to find a kid's bike whose rear wheel only has 20 spokes ...

• if so, then, you are halfway to finding a hub onto which you can thread a BMX Freewheel ...