20" Studded Tires - Icy Pavement

David Cambon

Guest
Does anyone know the latest rumour on the possible appearance of a 20"
(406mm) studded tire. Nokian apparently once made a 20" studded tire for Swedish postal workers.

I would like to improve the stickiness of the front tire of a LWB on early morning ice on pavement
(Vancouver, British Columbia).

>Does anyone know the latest rumour on the possible appearance of a 20"
>(406mm) studded tire. Nokian apparently once made a 20" studded tire for Swedish postal workers.

Nokian is still making the 20 inch 55 mm studded tire. I think it is made for finnish postal
workers, but maybe swedes use it too...

[email protected]_nospam (Markku Poysti) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >Does anyone know the latest rumour on the possible appearance of a 20"
> >(406mm) studded tire. Nokian apparently once made a 20" studded tire for Swedish postal workers.
>
> Nokian is still making the 20 inch 55 mm studded tire. I think it is made for finnish postal
> workers, but maybe swedes use it too...

Any dealer can get 144 stud Innova tires from QBP in 20 x 1.75" or
2.125".

I'm not sure, but I think Luke at Calhoun Cycle said the studded 20 inchers he's selling
are Nokians.

Markku Poysti <[email protected]_nospam> wrote:
:>Does anyone know the latest rumour on the possible appearance of a 20" (406mm) studded tire.
:>Nokian apparently once made a 20" studded tire for Swedish postal workers.

: Nokian is still making the 20 inch 55 mm studded tire. I think it is made for finnish postal
: workers, but maybe swedes use it too...

Hmm ok where could we get those? I guess mounting them on 1.75" rims would be stretching it though.

The ones from Innova are not serious quality afaik.

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ [email protected]

news:[email protected]...

The Innova ones are on www.cyclecomponents.com.

>Hmm ok where could we get those? I guess mounting them on 1.75" rims would be stretching it though.

http://www.pedalkraft.de/bereifung.htm (Nokian spike). It is actually 57-407.

Or i can sell mine for 20 euros here in Espoo, Finland. (i dont need it anymore, since i switched
20 -> 26).

The innova ones don't have "hard metal" spikes as far as i know, and the spikes wear quickly if
riding on paved roads.

>You had the Nokians? How many kilos on them? 20 euros for a pair?

I have only one Nokian tire for sale, and i'm asking 20 euros. It is as good as new, maybe 100 km.
And it weighs more than one kilo ;)