20" to 24"

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by unist, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. unist

    unist Guest

    Im going to be in my schools talent show. I have never ridden anything
    but a torker lx 20". All the bike shops around my house say there
    suppliers are out of 20". Would a change from a 20 to a 24 be any
    different for a level 3.5 person?

    --
    unist

    HAHA
    unist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10351

  2. Brian O.

    Brian O. Guest

  3. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    it will be different, but spend ten minutes getting used to it and it'll
    be the same. EXCEPT for doing tricks, those will be different and
    probably harder.

    --
    James_Potter

    to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

    michael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

  4. Racenut

    Racenut Guest

    After not doing anything for 20 years other than messing around at a
    bike shop just to make sure I could still ride one, I got a Torker LX
    24. Took me 3 or 4 tries to mount it and a couple of fairly graceful
    UPDs before I actually got anywhere... but after that, it was nothing.
    Just a matter of getting used to the bigger wheel. It's like I was
    over correcting at first.

    Just don't get crazy until you're used to it, but it's just a minor
    adjustment. I imagine if you're doing unispins and stuff, it may
    present more difficulty as it's heavier and has a larger diameter so
    for some tricks, clearance could be an issue.

    --
    Racenut
    Racenut's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11339

  5. ntappin

    ntappin Guest

    I have on occasion ridden my friends 24s and I found that I could ride
    it instantly but when it came to tricks all i could do the same was
    hopping.

    Your experience may be different but I would advise against changing
    for something like a talent show.

    --
    ntappin

  6. unist

    unist Guest

    my main tricks are one foot extended and on frame, backwards, jumping up
    stairs, jumping off stage(im not telling the teachers this when
    auditions come around) and gapping between stair sets.

    --
    unist

    HAHA
    unist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10351

  7. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    unist wrote:
    > my main tricks are one foot extended and on frame, backwards, jumping up
    > stairs, jumping off stage(im not telling the teachers this when
    > auditions come around) and gapping between stair sets.

    it shouldn't be too hard to switch then...just practice a little bit
    before you do the performance.

    --
    James_Potter

    to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

    michael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

  8. It won't be hard at all. I tried my friends 24" out once and after about
    5 minutes of farting around on it i could do everything i new how to do
    at the time on my 20" as i could on his 24".

    --
    unicyclerpunk

    Who shot the sherriff????.......habbywall did of course but now the
    question is Who shot the deputy? is he still alive?
    unicyclerpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11009