20" tyres: webstores

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Risto Varanka, Apr 6, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Marc Webb

    Marc Webb Guest

  3. R2D2

    R2D2 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2003
  4. <[email protected]> skrev

    > Any nice webstores with a good selection of 20" tyres? Maybe something like Schwalbe Marathons,
    > and then something quite knobby or rough-patterned for winter etc, but still not much over 40 mm.

    Kinetics in Glasgow http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/20__wheels_etc_.html

    I got a LBS to order my S-Licks and made sure to spread the word since they had to buy 50. But they
    sold them in a year or so.

    Cheap wintertires I got at a small bike repairshop. Cheng Shin and a Golden Boy. Wide tho at 47-50
    mm and lowpress. 40 psi. He stocked them for childrens bikes. Departmentstores that sell kids bikes
    might be another good place. You in Helsinki or some dark pineforest? ;)

    M.

  5. John Foltz

    John Foltz Guest

    Also http://gaerlan.com

  6. Mikael Seierup <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Cheap wintertires I got at a small bike repairshop. Cheng Shin and a Golden Boy. Wide tho at 47-50
    : mm and lowpress. 40 psi.

    Wide indeed.

    : He stocked them for childrens bikes. Departmentstores that sell kids bikes might be another good
    : place. You in Helsinki or some dark pineforest? ;)

    Helsinki of course... with the reactions from dogs and horses, I don't want to think about how
    wolves and bears would react to bents! Most people who live in the isolated parts of the country
    ride homebuilts looking so ugly, hideous, that they scare all wild animals away!

  7. www.pedalkraft.de